Home Forums Bike Forum Kalkhoff Ebikes with Impulse 2.0 motor

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Kalkhoff Ebikes with Impulse 2.0 motor
  • spooky_b329

I’m thinking of buying my first utility/shopper bike, one that I can pop out for a quick trip in jeans and trainers rather than a 2 mile journey in the car. I live up a mahoosive hill and even my singlespeed legs can’t face trying to climb the hill when laden with shopping in trainers and normal clothes! It would also be nice to go and collect a dirty McD’s or get a hair cut and get home without a big effort.

I’ve spotted a 2nd hand Kalkhoff Tasman for sale in a local shop, not sure on age other than its likely newer than 2013, looks in great nick and with 1000 miles on it. Being sold on behalf of a regular customer who can’t ride anymore so no reason to doubt its current condition apart from battery. Its got the Impulse 2.0 motor. I’ve seen several threads on here plugging the brand but having checked prices on ebay etc, I noticed a lot either have had a new battery or are advertised as needing a new battery, once I started looking into potential issues I’ve found unhappy customers going through multiple warrantied motors or suffering with cracking/creaking motors.

Just trying to get a balanced view of whether they have issues or if its a vocal/unlucky minority. Apparently the 2016 motor is better, but they now fit Bosch motors.

Its £700 and the spec is good; guards, racks, Nexus hub with coaster brake, Magura Hydraulic rim brakes, Dynamo front hub, permanent lights, cafe lock, even has a pannier, saddle bag and tools, and a half decent lock included. However, a battery and motor cost the same as the bike so at some point it would be uneconomical to repair.

I do have the frame number but can’t find out how to date the bike from it…does anyone know?

towzer

No idea about batteries, but this bloke repairs the impulse motors and I’ve found home to be very helpful to phone callers asking for advice

Repair & Overhaul Service

spooky_b329

Thanks Towzer.

Anyone owned one of these motors? I was hoping to buy tomorrow/Saturday but currently on the fence!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Kalkhoff Ebikes with Impulse 2.0 motor’ is closed to new replies.