Home Forums Bike Forum Just pimped my YETI ASR – Share yours!

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Just pimped my YETI ASR – Share yours!
  • dadster21
    Free Member

My Yeti was 26Lbs but now weighs in at 23Lbs. Got it back from my LBS today so can’t wait to get out on it….

Now has XTR 2011 Trail groupset, Hope Pro3 Hubs, Stans Crest Rims, FSA Carbon bars, Chris King Headset, Crank Bros Eggbeaters, Selle Italia SLR saddle, Rockshox Reba Race Worldcup forks, Maxxis Crossmark Tubeless tyres, Bontrager Carbon seatpost.

scruzer
    Free Member

Tastely done that is! Thanks for sharing, I can’t cos dont have one.

mos

Sha-ting. Bang Tidy. I’d kick it’s back doors in!

rewski
    Free Member

looks well class

karnali
    Free Member

had a 575 lovely bike, thats looks ace, now hankering after the asr on the classifieds, can i afford it mmmmmm

steve_b77
    Free Member

You Sir have too much spare cash. Nice bike though, bet it’s a bit quick

mboy
    Free Member

What was the spec before? If it was still only 26lb, bet it wasn’t half bad before!

But yes, V nice now, especially the XTR brakes and cranks… Wish I’d got as much spare cash to spend on bikes though!

thepurist

Shame that loose twig spoils an otherwise well prepared garage/driveway.

chakaping

Nice door, almost as tasty as that green one the Cotic owner posted last week.

Why do you have that funny gate thing leaning against it though?

DezB
    Free Member

Ah, it warms the cockles to see such a great looking bike posted up :-)

That new XTR stuff is rather pron, I say.

Lovely. Just scrolling up for another look..

tang
    Free Member

+1 on the upscrolling here.

ziggy
    Free Member

Nice bike, those brakes are XTR Race non?

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Dang! When you say “pimped” you mean “replaced everything except the frame”… That’s my kind of pimping! Nice one! ;)

matt23
    Free Member

Stunning bike – enjoy your weekend!

woody2000

Nice

Suprised at the Rebas though, why not SIDs or similar (as you seem to be concerned about weight)?

dadster21
    Free Member

What was the spec before? If it was still only 26lb, bet it wasn’t half bad before!

I had some Mavic hoops (cheap) and XT throughout. Couldn’t afford to get my dream bike in one chunk so did it in two – with a few years in between.

dadster21
    Free Member

Suprised at the Rebas though, why not SIDs or similar (as you seem to be concerned about weight)?

Good point but, as they say, “never look a gift horse in the mouth” and the forks were provided FOC by my LBS as they are a main Yeti distributor in the UK, and they wanted to get in the new ASR Carbon frames so did me a deal!!! Either that or I am just sooo good at negotiating (which I am not!).

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Replace those lock-on grips for foam ones. will save you about 150 grams.

kimbers

surely pimping your yeti means you have it trapped in an abusive relationship whereby you let others ride it for cash, however you get to ride it whenever you like and smack it around a bit if you feel its taking liberties
    and you get to wear an outfit like this…

dadster21
    Free Member

Cool! Does it come in Lycra????

organic355
    Free Member

carbon bars with lock on grips? is that a good idea?

Ive got those bars and love them too.

Dougal
    Free Member

Someone who really understands the meaning of the word pimp. Lovely.

So next up will be buying the carbon frame

dadster21
    Free Member

So next up will be buying the carbon frame

Yes – I am re-invigorating the notion of ‘triggers broom’ in bike form!

kimbers

to be honest pimp is a horrible word, im not sure that its appropriation by the youth of today is a good thing or not

dadster21
    Free Member

carbon bars with lock on grips? is that a good idea?

I have never had a problem with Lock-ons with the FSA’s. I would say that of bigger concern would be the point at which the stem attaches to the bar rather than the grips. That said, Lock-on grips have seen me through Afan and other trail centres on these carbon bars so I have confidence in them and that’s a good thing (confidence that is).

karnali
    Free Member

ahhh i need ot stop looking at this thread, i had convinced myself the scandal would see me through the next 2 years, i love the way those asr look and i loved the way the 575 rode, i can only se one outcome from this

DaveRambo

That is lovely.

While not pimped mine came in at 25lbs 2oz without pedals – it’s the 09 ASR with the basic Enduro build kit from Yeti.

duir
    Free Member

Do you intend to ride that off road? Be careful.

psychle
    Free Member

Not really pimped, quite mucky looking, but here’s mine (well, actually, it’s ‘technically’ my wifes bike nowadays, though I still set it up for myself for the occasional ride ;) )

[/url]
    IMAG0013[/url] by ten_sim[/url], on Flickr

Stu

Mines a blank canvas at the moment:

Just ready for pimping!

oxym0r0n

OP – lots of £ spent!! 8O

I have just swapped SIDs back to Foxs with some new BNGs, new bars and put a Thomson seatpost back on to make mine a bit more burly – no idea how much it weighs but I wasn’t riding it in ‘lightweight’ mode.

[/url]
    IMG_6586[/url] by oxym0r0n[/url], on Flickr

Thinking about going for a single ring on the front next…

radoggair
    Free Member

swap your rotors to ashima’s for 35 bucks and save another 1/3 lb

mick_b
    Free Member

proper muddy

[/url]
    asrc[/url] by mick_b1[/url], on Flickr

Leku
    Free Member

[/url]
    Cold[/url] by jh_buchanan[/url], on Flickr

Anyone tried running one with a 120mm fork?

STATO
    Free Member

This is as good as mine got…

Changed to XTR brakes and Flow rims now tho, the Olympics were fantastic uphill but the all round package is better with the stiffer wheels and slightly heavier weight.

[/url]
    IMG_0685[/url] by dickyelsdon[/url], on Flickr

rewski
    Free Member

God Yeti’s are well buff. Almost as buff as Zesty’s :wink:

Prefer the Yeti gfx TBH

A reverb and you’re done :D

martinxyz
    Free Member

Ridden both Rewski,but having worked on yetis in the past,i would have to say that the bearing removal/time to do the simple work on this single pivot just pizzes me off compared to all the others. As much as i liked the 575 I couldnt live with what i have seen people live with in the past.Zesty all the way.Oooh,that was so typical STW of me!

Nice pimped out bike though!

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Just pimped my YETI ASR – Share yours!’ is closed to new replies.