• This topic has 43 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Del.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Jeb Bush
  • Bunnyhop

Oh please not another:

“We must do better than the Obama-Clinton foreign policy that has damaged relationships with our allies and emboldened our enemies,”

Emboldened – I’ve never heard that word before.

And yes it is Jeb and not Jeff, or Jed or Jez or Jem.

miketually
    Free Member

em·bold·en (?m-b?l?d?n)
    tr.v. em·bold·ened, em·bold·en·ing, em·bold·ens
    To foster boldness or courage in.

5thElefant
    Free Member

They need to get a Bush to marry a Clinton and unify the royal families. They could get rid of the elections.

bigblackshed

It’s Shrub Jnr. The man who is unable to tell if he’s Hispanic or not. His wife is so that makes him Hispanic too, or not, or errrrmmmmm?!?!?!?!?!?

I wonder if he majored in made up words like his Pa?

jambalaya
    Free Member

He’s probably the next President that’s who he is like it or not.

cranberry
    Free Member

Don’t worry, it just means that Jeb Bush is more erudite learned than you.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

And it embiggens the soul.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

A dynasty built on profits from funding the Nazis and laundering the money…

jambalaya
    Free Member

FWIW Bush is talking about the Iran nuclear negotiations and Israel / ISIS. Both Clinton and Bush have come out very pro Israel and saying Obama has made grave errors in dealing with ISIS, ie not been tough enough.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Same old same old then, profitable business war…

Wonder who’ll replace Kissinger and Brzezinski behind the scenes, they’re both knocking on a bit…

cranberry
    Free Member

The Taliban didn’t exist in 1983, so why do you repeatedly post up the picture of them and Ronald Regan without showing the time machine that is just out of frame on the left ?

Is it something to do with Jimmy Cricket being a CIA plant as well as an insect ?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

What is the origin of the Taliban movement?

nickc

What is the origin of the Taliban movement? 🙄

oh FFS not this again. If you’ve a point to make, just make it.

cranberry
    Free Member

Why don’t you head off and find out, if you really aren’t sure.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I made my point…

Same old same old then, profitable business war…

Cranky got a bit petty, but all told, whether by coincidence or by design, Operation Cyclone (which involved a collaborative effort between the CIA, MI6 Pakistani and Saudi intelligence among others) led to the creation of the Taliban, Al-Qaeda and eventually 9/11.

The Bush Family’s links to several other elements within the complex geopolitical web (the fallout of which continues to this day) are all but avoided by the corporate media due to their huge political and financial sway

Could be nothing, but it is odd that the Bin Laden family pulled investment out of the Carlyle Group just after 9/11.

(Just today New stories are surfacing of Saudi links to 9/11)

That Al-Waleed Bin Talal (until recently, the 2nd largest stakeholder in Newscorp outside the Murdoch Family) is also heavily tied to the Carlyle Group and they own Booz Hamilton Allen (the NSA contractors who Edward Snowden worked for) gives a bit of an insight into the kind of sway they have, out of the media spotlight.

Simply discussing the policies which have been carefully honed through a vast PR machine to appeal to the masses is kinda missing out on the bigger picture.

So in summary, I’m saying:

Guess what, politicians are crooked and profit from war…

bit like the picture I posted in the 1st place

It all boils down to:

He who controls the past, controls the present;

he who controls the present, controls the future…

Pretty cutting edge, eh 😀

The good news is, I don’t profit from war, so I’m not motivated to tell you fibs

Bunnyhop

John Ellis Bush – JEB, so it wouldn’t be Jed, or Jez, or Jem unless he changed his f*cking name, would it?!

Blimey Daffy, are you having a bad night?

richmtb

JHJ is normally pretty wide of the mark but the evidence of “blowback” from US involvement in the Middle East is pretty unequivocal.

The Bush family’s ties to Saudi Arabia also need closer scrutiny

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

If you had listened to the speeches of his brother George you would have done – it was one of his favourite words, or at least his speech writers. Perhaps Jeb and George share the same speech writers?

Iraq war worth the cost, failure would embolden enemies: Bush

Presumably George W Bush “dis-emboldened” the enemies of the United States, which explains why he left everything hunky dory in the Middle East at the end of his presidency.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

The Bush family’s ties to Saudi Arabia also need closer scrutiny

Fo shizzle, though to be fair, it’s not just the Bush Family, it’s the entire western establishment (in foreign policy and intelligence, the US and UK’s special relationship has been ticking away at least since just after WW2)

Let’s not forget how on the death of the Saudi King, Prince Charles and David Cameron hot footed it over to pay their respects, despite Saudi Arabia regularly carrying out beheadings and similar barbaric punishments, along with having actively exported Wahhabism, which is the basis of the beliefs which drive Al-Qaeda and ISIS.

Then again, it’s nothing new…

^ That’s Al Waleed Bin Talal, the Carlyle Group/Newscorp dude…

But anyway, straying a bit, back to the Bush family…

I’m sure Jeb Bush will be a fine and principled leader…

BermBandit
    Free Member

AMERICAN POLITICIANS ARE CORRUPT TOO SHOCKER!!

jambourgie
    Free Member

Princess Ameerah: definitely would.

duckman

I’m sure you would,but see that sword in the post below..

jambalaya
    Free Member

Why would it be a surprise to see senior US and UK officials with Saudi’s given they are some of our closest allies in the Middle East ? Given Al Waleed rescued Citigroup from bankruptcy post the LatAm debt crises and is a very high profile investor there is a very long list of people wanting to do business with him / listen to what he’s got to say.

@JHJ given Bush will in all likelihood be the next President it gives the theorists unlimited “connected to” ammunition. You might get so excited your head explodes 🙂

survivor

Can highly recommend watching Adam Curtis: Bitter Lake

It’s still on Iplayer. Great docu film on how and why the West and Middle East is in the state it is.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Adam Curtis: Bitter Lake

+1

Same goes for other Adam Curtis output, too.

He’s like the sane face of conspiracy theory, with actual facts and stuff.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

Why would it be a surprise to see senior US and UK officials with Saudi’s given they are some of our closest allies in the Middle East ?

It’s not surprising but it is distasteful. The Saudis are a totalitarian regime which is deeply opposed to Western style democracy, the very thing that US and UK governments hypocritically claim to strongly support in the Middle East.

Nor is it surprising that a committed Zionist as yourself should see no problem with supporting such a brutal and repressive regime as long as it serves selfish geopolitical interests.

nickc

another vote for Bitter Lake. amazing piece of film-making.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yep, Bitter Lake is awesome. I watched it and Citizen Four on consecutive nights. Tbh, I wasn’t far off just giving up in general and smashing all my technology to pieces. 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

*adds bitter lake to watch later list *

devash
    Free Member

America will take us all to hell.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Bitter lake is indeed a masterpiece…

Why would it be a surprise to see senior US and UK officials with Saudi’s

What, like the Commander in Chief of the British Armed Forces?

given they are some of our closest allies in the Middle East ?

Odd that, considering:

actively exported Wahhabism, which is the basis of the beliefs which drive Al-Qaeda and ISIS.

Would’ve thought given the extensive collaboration of the intelligence services over the years, they might have noticed that…

Anyhoo…

This gives a good idea of just how propagandized the majority of media is regarding trivialization of military exploits of allies and demonization of perceived enemies

(as mentioned in the speech bubbles a bit further up, the 1953 coup of Iran (Operation Ajax) was a joint effort between MI6 and the CIA and like the later covert dealings in Afghanistan, still has repercussions to this day)

Of course, there has been much coverage of Iranian Nuclear talks recently, however, by contrast, the release of documents detailing US knowledge and involvement in Israel’s officially undisclosed Nuclear Program has received much less media attention.

The article I’ve linked to suggests relations between the US and Israel are currently deteriorating… if this rings true, can we expect to see a drop in the vast military aid they receive?

duckman

Are you suggesting than Iran hasn’t been involved in any attack on any other country? That chart seems to suggest that is the case. My mates son has a missing leg from the overnight improvement in the quality of explosives and tech in ieds in Iraq. Detonators in these ( the techie part) were Iranian…planted by the US to discredit Iran no doubt?

batfink
    Free Member

Glad to see another thread like this hotting-up!

Can I get-in first with:

DO YOUR RESEARCH!

Also, I am staggered at the hypocrisy of a Bush family member criticizing somebody else’s foreign policy for “damaged relationships with our allies and emboldened our enemies”

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Are you suggesting than Iran hasn’t been involved in any attack on any other country?

……….Detonators in these ( the techie part) were Iranian…

If that bizarre logic is sufficient proof to you that Iran has been involved in an attack on other country then presumably the US and/or the UK have been involved in pretty much every if not all wars and attacks on other countries for about the last 100 years or so.

BigDummy
    Free Member

If that bizarre logic is sufficient proof to you…

There is not a single picture of the Ayatollah Khomeini with Jimmy Savile to be found on Google image search. So we have to fall back on secondary sources, guesswork and innuendo.

cranberry
    Free Member

JiveHoneyJive – with that poster you really have reached peak fool.

< I was going to do some research for you on that there internet and point out the errors of omission and commission in the poster, but then remembered the rule about arguing with idiots on the internet >

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Excellent fact based analysis there cranberry, no wonder your name has a strong association with turkeys.

Merry Christmas.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Just as aside having seen Hillary Clinton is pledging to reform campaign finance whilst spending a record amount that Obama and Mitt Romney each spend over $1.2 billion dollars last time around on their Presidential campaigns.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Does the spend from Presidential Campaigns include all the media coverage?

If it weren’t for vast sums of money from questionable sources, would we even be discussing Jeb Bush or Hilary Clinton?

Who’s interests do they serve?

mt
    Free Member

We need a Bush back in the White House if its a war you are after, apparently it’s good for business. It’ll get the orders back up at Halliburton.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Jeb Bush’ is closed to new replies.