Home Forums Chat Forum Jeans recommendations

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Jeans recommendations
  • jam-bo

I’ve been more or less living in a pair of alpkit sequence’s for the last month. I was hoping they were going to be more discounted in the Black Friday sales so I could pick up some more. 

jimmy

Have tried Alpkit, Howies, Next, Levi’s. Levi’s head and shoulders above for fit and feel. Not too heavily worn so not sure on that front, but likely better than Howie’s and Next.

lambchop
    Free Member

Primark. £12

duckman
    Free Member

I have owned hebtroco, Edwin, naked and famous, unbranded, and iron heart selvedge jeans. I prefer Hebtroco out of that lot, 14oz is more wearable as well than some of the daft 20oz plus weights. For the guy who said the don’t do 36 inside legs, yes they do! All the jeans are 2 inches longer, they tell you that. Now if they would only launch a selvedge chino…Brant! Brant! Brant!

reeksy

Funny how people’s experiences of the same brands vary so much.

Carhartt stuff i’ve bought in the last 20 years has been crap compared to the older stuff.

Howies regular cut jeans fit me like a glove … but a leg glove… in a good way. And they last ages.

However, all legwear wears out where my thighs rub, which is annoying.

didnthurt

Carhartt do organic jeans which are decent. Better priced than most too.

Timberland organic are nice but can wear out pretty quick.

Howies organic jeans are good also but I like a tapered leg and the last time I looked, they’d stopped making them.

Kamakazie

3rd Rock do since nice trousers for climbing etc.

Not tried the jeans and they might have a bit too much stretch but worth a look.

flyingmonkeycorps

I ended up with a couple of pairs of Alpkit. Sequence I think? The regular fit ones. I’m very happy, they’re super comfy, fit my shape perfectly and I like a bit of stretch. The extra pocket is handy for a phone too.

zomg

So far the crotch in my Alpkit sequence has survived well. I blame utility cycling on all my other pairs of jeans fails there long before being otherwise worn out. The Alpkit jeans look like they might actually make it to looking reasonably old.

spectabilis
    Free Member

I like Hawksmill. Same sort of quality as Hebtroco I’d say but Hawksmill do a 33 waist so they win for me.

Edwin are generally pretty good but not as hard wearing as I’d like.

scud
    Free Member

Weirdly I don’t own any Rapha cycling clothing, but have a pair of their indigo jeans that roll up  and have the reflective logo on the inside of the leg, bought second hand on ebay and now worn as my sole pair of jeans for about 7 years and they have worn brilliantly

sprootlet
    Free Member

I tried Vulpine jeans from Sport pursuit and the fit was awful. Tried Bolger jeans which have a flannel inside – much better

Howies remain my favourite

Tempted by Community Clothing company ones next

fruitbat

30% off at Howies right now. 

b33k34

spoke referral for a new customer discount

Ethically I think they’re pretty good – most of their fabrics, and the clothes, are made in Europe so shorter transport distances and, should be, properly paid and treated workers.  The fits are good if you’ve got cyclists thighs.

theres a load of different denim weights.  The 14oz Japanese ones I’ve got feel like they’ll last forever.

(however, they’ve all got stretch in and that’s not supposed to be great – not sure how long it lasts and complicates recycling of fabric)

BillOddie

RE: Carhartt

There are effectvely 2 Carhartts.

Carhartt – the actual workwear mainly sold in the US (plus Amazon and a few workwear places in the UK).

Carhartt WIP – the European the pseudo-workwear/fashion brand mainly sold outside of North America (though they now have a store in NYC).  

johnhe

511s from the Levi’s outlet store for me.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.