Home Forums Bike Forum Jamis Renegade S4 Yay or Nay

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Jamis Renegade S4 Yay or Nay
  • ovoderbars
    Free Member

I put on a thread a while ago about the Calibre Lost Lad at Go Outdoors a while ago. Its in store at what seems a bargain £300 but theres a problem with parts from manufacturer that store is dealing with similar to what someone commented on the post.

I’m a bit tired of waiting for it and saw Jamis S4 Renegade in store last size I assume. £600, Sora Groupset 520 Frame, Tektra Mech brakes. I know nothing groundbreaking but seems fairly good value. Any alternatives at this price? Ta!

johnnystorm

I had a steel renegade that I really liked, only complaint was that the clearances were a but tight for 700×40. This was 2019 though…

ovoderbars
    Free Member

So I got the Jamis Renegade S4 at the weekend and rode it to work and back today for a total of 30 miles on crappy lanes, town streets, seafront promenade (with the boneshaking huge sheets of cement) and a couple of miles of actual gravel paths.

Really enjoyed it. Its got a 520 Reynolds frame and although the only reference of steel tubes I have is crappy Mango singlespeed the Jamis feels really nice.

Seems like a bargain at £600. Steel frame, through axles, Sora drivetrain, carbon fork with mounting points. I thought the Tektro Lyra brakes would be a concern and potentially even unsafe but they weren’t too bad. They weren’t good, but they might be the difference between certain death and a few broken limbs. They will be the first thing to be upgraded.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.