Home Forums Chat Forum IT bods – quick question on malware….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • IT bods – quick question on malware….
  • DT78
    Free Member

my virus protection (malwarebytes) keeps flashing up a warning when I’m on a website.

Pops up –

successfully blocked access to a potential malicious website 91.214.44.120

type outgoing
    port 49329
    process chrome.exe

Any ideas what this is, and what I should do about it? The site itself seems genuine (though it could be shady)

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Malware alerts are over vealous at times.

Google says that ip is to do with us military stuff. Is that related to your search?

http://revip.info/ipinfo/91.214.44.120

DT78
    Free Member

No…. it’s a replica watch site (a colleague has used them in the past, but hence the could be shady comment)

Military? Hmmmmmm

samuri
    Free Member

Has it been set as your home page?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Just google the ip. Ignore the top 5 of all listings (if its proper dodgy then that would be fixed / scammed). Eyeball the rest.

If in doubt – use google chrome – and cntl – shift – N = private mode -nothing is allowed install / download on your machine (“is” should really be “shouldnt”).

DT78
    Free Member

Not set as homepage, just cleared all the cookies, clicked on url and same message, different port this time 50643.

Maybe I’ll leave it alone, seems dodgy

Link I’m clicking on below, but at your own risk!
    http://www.watchs-shops.co.uk/breitling-watches/breitling-chronomat-b01-chronograph-watches-br1685.html

xiphon
    Free Member

Nope, nothing for me?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

In a cosseted sub-session that doesnt ring any alarms at all. But the price of that is well dodgy. To me that’s an obvious fake. Sorry.

#Edit. A £5000 watch for £80 and you have to ask. I’ve just wasted my time!

samuri
    Free Member

Well. Something on your computer is trying to get there.

Checked the installed software? Run a malware scan?

DT78
    Free Member

off to google ‘cosseted sub-session’

watches themselves are most definitely fake, however unless you hold next to the real thing it is very difficult to know. Reason I was looking is a chap I met today had a rolex sub, which turned out to be a fake from this site. Looked the part to me.

(and yes, yes I would love the real thing, just not likely in this life time – most likely I will get a homage like Steinharts Ocean1, just googling options at the moment and got worried I’d picked up a virus)

EDIT – great, googling cosseted sub-session comes up with this thread….

Cougar

Could be an embedded advert or something. Maybe something to do with the ‘live chat’ widget that’s floating around on the site?

“Potentially malicious” does not directly equate to “actually malicious,” could just be MBAM being overcautious as couldahadashortername says.

cosseted sub-session

I think that’s about 80 quid an hour in Soho.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘IT bods – quick question on malware….’ is closed to new replies.