Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Issue 137 is here – what do you think?
  • stwhannah

Hi, the latest mag is now online and heading to your letter boxes. Let us know what you think – things you like, things you don’t…

brakestoomuch

I haven’t got it yet, but I am in the unusual position of not having any other issues to read first. I hate to jinx it, but… I’m up to date! I honestly can’t remember the last time this happened. I just hope I haven’t brought about the apocalypse.

MoreCashThanDash

Love the cover pic – not opened it yet, easily distracted wfh by this forum as it is….

gothandy

Just got it in the post. Would love to ride the Lakes route in “Simply the Best”. Am I being dumb or is there a komoot or map for that route I’m missing?

stwhannah

There’s no route map for the Lakes ride – it’s adventure rather than a Classic Ride. But James Vincent, who is on here as @justinbieber I think, might be able to help you out.

justinbieber

Hello! @Gothandy – it’s a brilliant loop. I’ve plotted it out here: https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1581048?units=miles

This has the start in Stonethwaite, but alternatively you can start from Langdale and ride straight to Rossett Gill, do the rest of the ride, then finish on Stake Pass. Either way is good.

Gimme a shout if you have any more questions

gothandy

@justinbieber thanks! I’ll take a look and let you know. From the article it sounded right up my street.

brakestoomuch

Just received mine, so I’ve only had chance to skim through. As ever, there are some great pictures, but the double page spread in the Lakes descent story is stunning.

rogermoore

Arrived safe and sound in the new safety packaging, which is now in the recycle bin 👍🏽

things you don’t…

Despite the mag being pretty much the only thing that comes through our letterbox addressed specifically to me, my OH opened it. If you could dispatch a staffer or two to administer a Chinese burn and a final warning that would be ace!
    RM.

Mark

We are just surveying the staff to see who can administer the best Chinese burn..

We’ll be in touch

thepurist

I’m disappointed with the move away from the starch bags – seems that everything we get through the door has switched to a paper wrap so we’re now having to buy compost bin liners again!

Zipgirl
    Free Member

I know I shouldn’t have to with STW but I still brace myself for a magazine full of articles by and about straight men, so was over the moon that the first article was about a super cool gay woman couple biking all over Europe (and now the UK). I’ve only got to page 25 but am already happy.

Cheers!

Mark

That’s really good to hear 🙂

@thepurist
    the main reasons for ditching the starch wrapping were 1) It did nothing to protect the mag and too many were arriving in a poor state. 2) We couldn’t access the Mailmark service with tracking using the starch wrapping. That service gives us a postal saving as well as being able to track missing copies.

DezB
    Free Member

Just posted in the plebs ( 😀 ) area, then remembered this place – Just read the European Great Divide article – writing and photography is outstanding. Is Andy Cox gonna do (or done) a book?

@zipgirl
    – should track down their van building story (can’t remember which issue) it’s brilliant.

stwhannah

@DezB I think this is the first piece he’s had published, if I remember correctly. I don’t know about a book – I imagine all means of monetising a trip like that would be welcome though, so maybe he will.

@zipgirl
    Issue 131 has Emma and Carly’s van build in it, plus they did this video tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pDdRhARmvU They’ve each written a few articles for us now, shout if you need help finding them.

Zipgirl
    Free Member

Thanks @DezB and @stwhannah, the van build article was a good read too!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Issue 137 is here – what do you think?’ is closed to new replies.