Home Forums Bike Forum ISCG tab cracked is the frame ok to ride ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • ISCG tab cracked is the frame ok to ride ?
  • stennah
    Free Member

Hi I have just given the bike a clean and noticed the ISCG tab is cracked my question is am I ok to carry on riding it or is it a repair job ,never done it before so not sure how to proceed thanks ,Mark

legend
    Free Member

ISCG tabs are just for hanging chain devices and bash guards off. Assuming the crack doesn’t run to any other part of the frame it’s fine. I would just run with the two remaining intact tabs, wouldn’t bother attempting a repair

Northwind

Yah, me too. Usually they’re welded on or in a welded on plate so not even likely to propogate into the frame- though, I wouldn’t bolt anything to it.

stennah
    Free Member

Thanks you two just what I wanted to hear

andyl
    Free Member

Contrary to the above I would be worried that around the BB shell the crack could propagate and would keep an eye on it. It depends on how close the crack is to the stressed part of the BB shell, which direction it is going in etc and that could mean if it grows towards the BB shell you might want to lop it off to remove the crack completely. Drastic option and would be a worst case situation based on not seeing a photo.

andyl
    Free Member

This is what I am concerned about happening:

submarined
    Free Member

Is it a carbon YT? If so, then chances are it’s just a cosmetic crack that’s caused by the paint not having enough of the flexible additive errr, added.

If you’re the original owner, I’d be sending a picture to YT.

andyl
    Free Member

That was from a random thread I found on pinkbike, i’m not the OP

submarined
    Free Member

I know, it’s just that 9 times out of ten when you rad ‘cracked ISCG’ it’s on a carbon YT!

andyl
    Free Member

ahh, that was why it came up top of google then! :D

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ISCG tab cracked is the frame ok to ride ?’ is closed to new replies.