Home Forums Bike Forum Is Gisburn Forest open yet ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Is Gisburn Forest open yet ?
  • trevmccdonald
    Free Member

When I was last here in April there was significant trail closures and long fireroad diversions around them, is this still the case or is everything open here now ?

mcnultycop

It’s open. There are some bits closed (not been for a few months so assume the quarry and boardwalk is still closed), but otherwise open. Double check the the FB group if you are on FB.

njd187
    Free Member

Yes Boardwalk still closed all the rest open. Diversion not that bad.

trevmccdonald
    Free Member

So it sounds like it’s still not all open yet

If the boardwalk is the only closed section then at least more of it is open than when I was last there

tomj
    Free Member

I was there last week. The section through the quarry and over the two long boardwalks is shut – and likely to be for a while. I believe the board walks need replacing. So that’s a short forest road diversion. The rest is all open.

The oreviously closed section is the next long section of singletrack that winds all the way up to Whelpstone Crag. That’s all open now and been resurfaced on the descent as you re enter the woods. And very fun it is too.

No other closures.

vondally

As above quarry andboardwand  closed but that still gives you 90% .(approx) left for folk to ride, and actually the best bits are all  open

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

There’s also that new descent parallel to Hully Gully that’s great fun.  Easy to loop back up the fireroad to the top and a few runs down it

daern
    Free Member

There’s an event there this Sunday:

https://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestry/beeh-aznen4

This will presumably result in trail closures.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Is Gisburn Forest open yet ?’ is closed to new replies.