Home Forums Bike Forum Is Bike24 a legit online store?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Is Bike24 a legit online store?
  • perthmtb
    Free Member

Have been looking for some obscure Shimano parts that LBS/Wiggle/CRC don’t sell, and someone here found them on a German based online bike retailer called Bike24.com. I ordered, but a week later & they’ve come back and asked for an image of my credit card as an added “security check”. After the recent problems with CRC I’m getting real nervous about ordering online, and wondering if this site might be an elaborate front for getting credit card details. Has anyone done business with them and can vouch they are legit? Thanks.

andytherocketeer

They are legit. Used them many times, but I’ve always done CoD rather than CC (mainly because they would not accept my non-German issued CC with a German address).
    Remember that Germany is largely allergic to credit cards.
    Not sure why they’d want an image. If they want an image of the rear, cover up the 3 digits.

perthmtb
    Free Member

Thanks Andytherocketeer – thats reassuring that I haven’t sent all my personal info to a fraudster! Still, I’d rather cancel the order than send them an image of my credit card – it just shouldn’t be necessary.

andytherocketeer

also recommend http://www.bike-x-perts.com/en/index.php
    who do accept CC without asking stupid questions, and also speak English, with an English webby too.

andyl
    Free Member

you can do cash in advance like with Rose Bikes. Not sure if there are fees if transferring cash to another country though via online banking.

tonyplym
    Free Member

Got some Schwalbe tyres from Bike24 a couple of years ago – had no problems with the ordering process that I can recall.

darrell
    Free Member

i used them one month ago. With a Norwegian credit card and the stuff being delivered to Norway. No hassles or extra security checks. The stuff turned up as well

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Is Bike24 a legit online store?’ is closed to new replies.