Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • International Burn a Koran Day – it happened?!
  • Joe

Amazing…Terry Jones (the Florida nutjob preacher) went ahead and burnt his koran the other day…not a single newspaper in the UK reported it. Censorship or sensible editorial policy?

I only just found out because a load of nutjobs in Afghanistan just beheaded 2 UN workers to protests and shot 6 Gurkha security guards.

Harry_the_Spider

It didn’t go totaly un noticed. 😐

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-12940014

Back to the OP I’d say it was sensible not to report. Terry Jones is an insignificant knob who did something stupid. Reporting it would only incite more knobs to do more stupid things.

Cougar

There was one in Blackburn today ahead of the EDL’s march this weekend, too.

There’s a rumour that they’re going to limit the numbers that descend (somehow?) so the thugs who can’t get into Blackburn will probably hit the next town over.

Oh, good. I think I’ll be going for a ride tomorrow.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Amazing…Terry Jones (the Florida nutjob preacher) went ahead and burnt his koran the other day…not a single newspaper in the UK reported it. Censorship or sensible editorial policy?

Presumably he bought it? Hardly news burning your own book.

If it catches on book shops would appreciate the business.

Kevevs
    Free Member

do yo reckon he gives out jelly babies? cos I’m a bit low.

2wheels1guy
    Free Member

It’s a coincidence that it was also ‘be a red-neck moron day’ too.

daznal
    Free Member

Is a koran a type of curry,if so he should have watched it more closely and i hardly think its a good reason to kill people,or have i got this wrong again mmm

chewkw
    Free Member

I wonder what they will think if they have watched BBC2 2100hr – Bible’s buried secrets … hhhhmmm …

🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

FFS the death toll is rising :

Up to 20 U.N. staff killed in north Afghan city

Obviously the American Christian fundamentalists only burnt the Koran to provoke a reaction, they must be every happy with the result – it couldn’t really have gone much better for them.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Give it a month and count the dead. Then…

Burn a bible.

Then whatever the Jewish user manual is.

And the scientologists….

Budhists…

We should be able to find which religion has the most irritable types by the end of the year.

Harry_the_Spider

FFS the death toll is rising :

And the worst of it is that everybody from Pastor Jones to the guys who killed the UN people think they are in the right.

couldgetacarforthat
    Free Member

If I said I don’t really give a monkies I suppose that would that qualify me for an instant beheading. Right?

On the other hand if I said I think this was a disrespectful thing to do would the same people (no doubt outraged by my rather muted infidel response) still chop my head off?

Maybe they just rather like chopping off heads.

takisawa2

All very well burning one in his own back yard, but I doubt he’d be as keen if he was over in Afghanistan.

chewkw
    Free Member

couldgetacarforthat – Member

Maybe they just rather like chopping off heads.

Yeap, that’s the favourite sport … off with the heads!

🙄

twentyniners
    Free Member

It was, I kid you not, Wayne Sapp who burnt the Koran. Pastor Jones stood by.

Not looking so clever now is it you pair of nutjobs……

(holding back)

chewkw
    Free Member

twentyniners – Member

It was, I kid you not, Wayne Sapp who burnt the Koran. Pastor Jones stood by.

Not looking so clever now is it you pair of nutjobs……

(holding back)

Well, they are all nuts on both side …

5thElefant
    Free Member

One set burns their own property. The other set kills and dismembers.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Tell that to the survivors of a few Afghan wedding parties.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Killing some UN workers in response to that would be quite reasonable. IMO.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well done for coming to the conclusion that’s what I’m suggesting 5thElefant.

My comment regarding try telling that to Afghans, refers to the fact that whilst your simple logic might find appeal over here, in Afghanistan it might not quite the resonance which you might expect.

Quite a few Afghans might consider that Christian fundamentalists are using war planes to kill them.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Quite a few Afghans might consider that Christian fundamentalists are using war planes to kill them.

Maybe they should mount an armed resistance in response?

twentyniners
    Free Member

And similarly

“Well, they are all nuts on both side …” Chewkw

What is your poorly worded point there?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Killing some UN workers in response to that would be quite reasonable. IMO

Burn a book, kill someone for it?
    Am I Pi$$ed or are you on glue?

5thElefant
    Free Member

You’re pi$$ed.

Read the post above that I’m responding to.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

He was taking the piss out of me by pretending that was what I was saying.

Mind you, you might be pissed, I have no idea…….how much have you drank ?

allthepies
    Free Member

how much have you drank ?

Ernest, please. Grammar darlink.

tankslapper
    Free Member

boxelder

I don’t understand why burning it is any worse than convincing people you’re willing to burn it. Once again I’m dumb-founded by the stupidity and arrogance of some men – can’t they just apply to go on big jungle get me the X factor brother?
    Jesus and Mohammed will be simultaneously slapping foreheads.

chewkw
    Free Member

twentyniners – Member

What is your poorly worded point there?

Ok … nutters on both …

Put both in the cage and let them fight …

5thElefant
    Free Member

My money is on Big Mo.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ernest, please. Grammar darlink.

ffs, I try my best with my grammer on here, don’t start having a pop at me …….. you should hear me speak 😐

tankslapper
    Free Member

WATCHING the global financial crisis unfold is rather like watching my dad being molested by a clown. I know it’s going to affect me, I am just not entirely sure how.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

WATCHING the global financial crisis unfold…..

I’ve done nothing else for the last 2 or 3 years ……… but what made you mention it on this thread ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

what made you mention it on this thread ?

Things are a bit quite in Norn Irn these days?

backhander
    Free Member

They killed 6 gurkhas?
    Standby.

I like the way when the book burning guy from America kicks off, everyone tries to reason with him like he’s a 10 year old, and has to explain that if you kick a wasp’s nest it might be someone else that gets stung.
    Yet, when the flag burning chaps from the sunny countries kick off, nobody tries to reason with them because, well, that would be like trying to reason with the wasps, wouldn’t it ?

bigbloke
    Free Member

Burn a book in public and that warrants a couple of beheadings and a load of murders of UN staff?????? Animals.

Maybe we should adopt the same medieval attitudes to future protests over here we don’t like the look of? 🙄

TheFlyingOx

I wonder if the preacher douchebag could be charged with murder by proxy, or whatever the correct term is. He burned the book in the full knowledge that a disproportionate response was likely, and now 20+ people are dead as a direct result of his actions.

They still have the death penalty in Florida, don’t they?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I blame the evil atheists, kicking it all off back in ’89 by murdering all those mosque attendees when they publicly burned copies of Rushdie’s “Satanic Verses”.

Interesting idea, Flying Ox, but as others have pointed out, if he’d burnt a bible, he wouldn’t have got this reaction.
    Don’t you think at least some of the responsibility lies with with those who made the “disproportionate response”, or should we just say “They’re religious fanatics, that what they do and all we can do is try to avoid upsetting them”.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘International Burn a Koran Day – it happened?!’ is closed to new replies.