Home Forums Bike Forum Internal rim width for a 29er rigid fork?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Internal rim width for a 29er rigid fork?
  • Stablebarns
    Free Member

30mm? 35mm?

This is a spesh Chisel with the Selcof Carbon forks from PX

I’m on a 25mm rim with Spesh Fast Traks 2.3. I’m getting roll of if I run a pressure that helps with the judders. So I want some bigger tyres.

The only experience I have with tyres beyond 2.4 is the 2.6 that came onmy Canyon Spectral. The rear had a 2.6 Rekon and even on the 30mm DT rims, that rolled a lot at softer pressures.

If anyone has any pearls of wisdom regarding the sweetspot for a fastish tyre/rim combo for a rigid 29er front end… I’d love to hear.

Hope you’re all well.

molgrips
    Free Member

I have a rigid fork, I have rims with I think about 25mm ID. I use Schwalbe Racing Ralphs at down to 20psi and I don’t get any roll in corners. I usually run a bit higher if I have lots of road to do (23psi) because I get bouncing on pedalling. 20psi is the best pressure to deal with rocky Welsh trails.

I used to use the Specialized Slaughter/Butcher combo (non-Grid) and these were terrible for bouncing and rolling, I had to run 30psi. So I think that Schwalble tyres have much more supportive sidewalls than the Spesh ones did. I use 2.2 Rocket Rons on my FS XC bike on narrow XC rims and they only need 25psi to behave well.

I’m no whippet either at 90kg and I don’t mince the descents.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Internal rim width for a 29er rigid fork?’ is closed to new replies.