Home Forums Bike Forum In't cross bikes brilliant?

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • In't cross bikes brilliant?
  • SidewaysTim

A tiny spin on a CX bike around Delamere last night helped me remember just how good they are. So fast and effortless, but really able to bite you on the arse if you stop concentrating.

Bikes are ace :)

stever
    Free Member

Word. Truth up.

13thfloormonk

Yup, make boring trails exciting, and exciting trails excitinger.

And you can’t stop yourself heading for the muddiest trails you can find :D

slowjo
    Free Member

I’ll be able to find out in a week or two when I have finished my new build. Can’t wait tbh.

rOcKeTdOg

will everone stop mentioning Cx bikes please :x

kennyp
    Free Member

I got a Spesh Tricross a few weeks ago. One of the best bikes I’ve ever owned. Great fun.

mogrim

will everone stop mentioning Cx bikes please

+1. 2. Lots.

Kuco

But they are fun :D

SidewaysTim

They can be super nice too :)

Teetosugars
    Free Member

It was indeed agreat night.. ****’ cold mind..

:lol:

Put some pics up Tim.. it was Dark last night, so couldn’t really appreciate the bike..

geoffj

Yup

[/url]
    IMG_0818.JPG[/url]

mogrim

dontneedone dontneedone dontneedone dontneedone dontneedone dontneedone dontneedone dontneedone dontneedone dontneedone

Teetosugars
    Free Member

mogrim – Member
    dontneedone dontneedone dontneedone dontneedone dontneedone dontneedone dontneedone dontneedone dontneedone dontneedone

Since when has it ever been about need?? :wink:

oldgit
    Free Member

youdodohdontyou

Sanny
    Free Member

mogrim

Yes you do…………… :D

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Enjoy :D

martymac

stop it!!
    i dont need one.

Gooner
    Free Member

Thurman Merman, do you appenh to have a trail on memoery map around Peebles?
    I am up in Peebles for a long weekend next weekend and was planning to ride at the Inners uplift but may take my cross bike instead/as well

SidewaysTim

Put some pics up Tim.. it was Dark last night, so couldn’t really appreciate the bike..

There’s a few here[/url]

ourmaninthenorth

+1 for all of you lot talking about cross bikes all the time.

Listen, I own six bikes:

1. The 1992 Kona Lava Dome I bought as a lad. Now used SS but almost all original. I can’t sell that, can I?
    2. The 2004 Cotic Soul, which was my second MTB, and the bike that got me right back into riding after too many years away. It’s a classic, and all I need in an MTB. I can’t sell that, can I?
    3. The Giant SCR road bike. Bought for me by Mrs North when I was skint and needed something more than the SS’d Kona for training for my first Etape du Tour. It’s ridden almost daily and is a friend in my darkest moments. I can’t sell that, can I?
    4. carbon road bike (another Giant). Fits perfectly, rides really sweetly, have done some great epic rides, raced it and keep it clean. I can’t sell that, can I?
    5. Old lugged steel track bike bought for £150. I may not be riding the track right now, but I hope to again, and any replacement will cost a load more and not be any better. And it’s a track bike – they never wear out. I can’t sell that, can I?
    6. 1970s Holdsworth, converted to fixed. Given to me by a friend. It was his bike when he was a lad. Heavy but smooooth. I can’t sell that, can I?

So, how the hell do I justify a cross bike..?!

Ax3M4n
    Free Member

You can’t justify a Cross Bike on here ever. This is SingleTrack forum for Crikeys sake.

They have curly handlebars and skinny tyres and whippet frames….uuuurgh!!

Let’s face facts – CX bikes are road bikes with road riders who fancy a bit of an occasional splash on a damp cinder path so they can call themselves off roaders.

Nah…. not on here you don’t!!! Tut tut!!

Gooner
    Free Member

that’s point, anyone ride a cx bike with flat bars?

leggyblonde
    Free Member

I flippin’ love cyclocross and cross bikes. This is my 21st season of racing and I’m only 27…

There’s something about the speed you generate on the unlikely bike, and it that it teaches you to be smooth.

Cross riders tend to be the friendliest people too

Gooner, Nick Craig and a few others use flat bars for the 3 peaks but I find drops don’t restrict me most of the time :twisted:

Crell
    Free Member

Thurman nice link!

oldgit
    Free Member

ourmaninthenorth….sort that lot out.

1 x Road
    1 x MTB
    1 x Cyclocross
    1 x Retro/classic/vintage bike to look at, as they is pants to ride innit.

1a) Road bike nowt to bling that you have to explain the reason for owning.
    1b) MTB hardtail 100mm, will probably do everything you need
    1c) Cyclocross bike, for racing and riding. Find one with guard eyes so you can fit guards and road tyres for winter riding.
    1d) Old bike to look at and poke at whilst drinking tea in your garage.
    Is all you need.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

So, how the hell do I justify a cross bike..?!

n+1… :roll:

oldgit
    Free Member

That’s your warranty gone blondie :wink:

firestarter
    Free Member

Gooner one of my cx bikes has flat bars but I set it up with those while I get used to offroad fixed wheel

mogrim

Road bike time, that’ll have to do for now!

More to the point, how can I justify a new CX bike to She Who Must Be Obeyed?

epicyclo

ourmaninthenorth – Member
    …So, how the hell do I justify a cross bike..?!

Easy, you have all those classics and it would be criminal to wear them out in mud and slush, wouldn’t it?

Therefore buy a CX bike to save them from destruction – so long as you promise not to enjoy riding it, it’s ok to buy another bike.

It’s also greener, the more bikes you have the greener you are, so you’re helping the environment too.

ourmaninthenorth

For me, it’s the Holdsworth whose number is up. But, in the meantime, it’s going to be converted to a SS cross bike and raced walked at HTN2.5.

oldgit
    Free Member

It seems pointless even mentioning the Polar Bears.

rangerbill

Old touring bike, borrowed new cross tyres, one site visit/patrol=great day out

Arse, not showing image

Edric64
    Free Member

that’s point, anyone ride a cx bike with flat bars?

Not allowed in the Three peaks from next year

It will get rid of all those trying to sneak their niche 29ers in as cross bikes

firestarter
    Free Member

Edric 64 a few years ago I tried to sneak in my niche 29er with skinny tyres and drop bars and wasn’t allowed lol

simondbarnes

Tim, they’re even better when you race them. Come to Bolton on Sunday for the NW league cross race :)

(get Ag to give you a lift)

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘In't cross bikes brilliant?’ is closed to new replies.