Home Forums Bike Forum Incessant Tubeless leak at bead/rim join..

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Incessant Tubeless leak at bead/rim join..
  • Stablebarns
    Free Member

The rims are from Ryan Builds Wheels in Bristol. They’re very similar if not identical to my Hunts. Set the rear up a few weeks back with a Minion SS 29 x 2.3.
    Ran a treat for maybe 2.5 – 3 weeks. Riding every day. Got a puncture a few days back. Fixed it on the trail with the Stans tubeless repair kit.

So, I got the little sausage pipecleaner thing in and it kind of got me home. When home I extracted the sticky pipe cleaner and patched it up internally and reinflated. Seemingly fine.

So here’s the weird bit… It started loosing pressure quite quickly around the bead/rim join. In a couple of specific places.

I can’t see any connection with the puncture and this new problem??

Anyhow, I took it all apart, cleaned the whole tyre pretty meticulously, cleaned the rim… no obvious signs of flaw or fault on either. Got it nice and clean. Pumped it back up, got it seated. Then added new sealant.

Went for a ride…. nup!. Couple of small jumps and it was done. Weeping and hissing from the bead/rim join. Limped home.

Tried this all again.

Tried pumping it up to 50psi and it just said “NO”! Started weeping and hissing.

I really can’t work it out. It was totally new sealant on a totally clean rim and a tyre that had all the old gunk peeled and scrubbed off that face just above the bead, where it meets the rim.

Anyone got any ideas?

ta

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Incessant Tubeless leak at bead/rim join..’ is closed to new replies.