Home Forums Bike Forum I’m near Summerbridge, where does the Stif Cycle staff go riding?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I’m near Summerbridge, where does the Stif Cycle staff go riding?
  • Gilles

On a break in Yorkshire not far from Pateley Bridge, wondering where can I find some great singletracks? Stif cycles HQ not far, there must be some good stuff nearby!
    Thanks.

tomhoward

Ilkley moor I think. When they aren’t all riding gravel.

And stainburn.

Edit, the shop is back open now, so you can pop in and ask.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Tis only a shop. There are bike shops in London and Leicester too, neither is known for their single track.

It’s a beautiful part of the world but its not exactly the tweed valley.

If you’re just after a nice ride, there’s miles of bridleways but much of the dales is farm land or shooting moorland.

The shop ride is the “brimham bash” and there’s the classic scarhouse loop both are enjoyable if you’re looking to turn pedals.

Guisecliff used to host downhill races and there’s bits to be found in there but it’s all cheeky and care is strongly advised. Plenty of barely visible person sized deep holes there which regularly need people pulled out.

Gilles

Thanks all ! Scar house rsr loop was great! I wish I know about birds as well, lot of amazing ones.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Yeah plenty to go at around scarhouse. The mines above Heathfield are fun and can be tied into a larger ride

martinhutch

Scar House has had a lot of ‘sanitisation’ work on the best sections over the past few years, but is still a decent XC ride. The section between Middlesmoor and Scar House used to be quite rough, not so much any more!

oikeith

Stif Cycles in Bristol now too, so any IG clips could be from FOD or South West or South Wales

chestrockwell

I like the Scar House loop. Sounds like you’ve been out now but agree about asking the Stif staff as they’re a great bunch.

snotrag

Lots of good stuff in this facebook group – if you search through you’ll find some maps and GPX files for a route that passes Summerbridge and, Brimham Rocks etc…

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3635497479896707

johnx2
    Free Member

post #2 I think but for singletrack type riding, bridleways at the top of the valley are all okay though the one over to Wharfedale is largely theoretical.

All a bit of a hike from Summerbridge. There’s also the Washburn Valley, which I’d not want to oversell, but has some okay bits and pieces from Hunter’s Stones behind Stainburn, through Swinsty and Beescroft plantations over the river, up to Timble Woods which is brackeny now but some nice singletrack, up onto Lippersly Ridge, with singletrack along to Beamsley Beacon and its rocky ways down. By which time you’re quite literally a million miles from Summerbridge, but hey…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘I’m near Summerbridge, where does the Stif Cycle staff go riding?’ is closed to new replies.