Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • I am sorry..
  • organic355
    Free Member

but Band of Brothers is pants!!

Sat through episode 6 last night, giving it just one more chance to get good and can safely say I have never watched anything so boring in my entire life.

I just dont get it, great cinematography etc, but story-line and characters are dull (I appreciate based on true stories). You can never work out who you should actually care about when one of them gets killed.

I know a lot of you will disagree, but heyho, its just not for me and my bluray set will be on ebay soon, without watching the final 6 episodes.

atlaz
    Free Member

As you said, true story so unfortunately they couldn’t keep people alive who died in reality (although the film makers did kill off one character who didn’t die). Not sure that I’d agree that it’s dull though.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

They are people. You’re supposed to care about all of them.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I read the book. Thought it was good, but was lacking something, I don’t know… maybe some aliens or something?

DezB
    Free Member

Blimey, that seems like ages ago it was on telly. I remember the episode about the medic being brilliant.

spacemonkey

I’m with you on this one. Naturally it’s sad in that it’s based on true events, but IMO it’s just plain dull. Only managed to watch about 4 episodes (about 18 months ago) and haven’t bothered picking it up since.

I want to like it, but it’s just not happening.

richmtb

You should be sorry, one of the finest TV dramas I’ve seen and probably the best depiction of WWII as well.

Go and sit on the corner and think about what you’ve done!

ski
    Free Member

If you found the Band of Brothers hard work, I would avoid the 540 minutes of The Pacific too….

OmarLittle
    Free Member

It is brilliant. One of the best things i’ve ever watched whether tv or movie.

Of course these things are always subjective but i cant understand how anyone can find it – and particularly episode 6 (the one set in Bastogne) – to be dull!

GrunkaLunka
    Free Member

Nah he’s right WW2 was gash. Dull dull dull IMO they dragged the plot out far too long.

binners

I think you’ll find the missing element is exploding helicopters. Every film/programme needs at least three to make it worthwhile watching. Why not splice the odd scene from Black Hawk Down in there. That might work

Alternatively: Just watch Generation Kill. Quality war stuff. If considerably less ‘worthy’

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

How about Zombies…. Nazi Zombies?
    Or surfing Nazi Zombies?

RepacK
    Free Member

I just dont get it, great cinematography etc, but story-line and characters are dull (I appreciate based on true stories). You can never work out who you should actually care about when one of them gets killed.

What was dull about it? How come you couldnt connect with the characters? Perhaps a visit to Normandy to help you emote.

2nd thoughts this has to be a w@nk troll..

GrunkaLunka
    Free Member

Definately needed more boobs.

mogrim

Fair enough, I loved it, although I gave up on Pacific.

cynic-al
    Free Member

WTF the guy doesnt like a TV series, he’s not a holocaust denier!

rOcKeTdOg

i’ll give you £5 delivered for it

j_me
    Free Member

i’ll give you £5 delivered for it

Really ? Mail me !!!

Kuco

If he found Band Of Brothers dull Generation Kill will bore him to death though I think its great the dialogue had me in stitches at times and based on true story and what the Iraq war was like for some.

Though for all out action stick with BlackHawk Down.

handyman
    Free Member

I have the boxed set, and if you watch the real guys tell their stories even after all this time they still get choked up and i do every time i watch it, these were real people and often real war tales were quiet or dull at times and then suddenley really intense and terrifying, its only the “hollywood” depiction of war that has made watching films based on actual events seem dull IMHO

Blower
    Free Member

richmtb – Member

You should be sorry, one of the finest TV dramas I’ve seen and probably the best depiction of WWII as well.

Go and sit on the corner and think about what you’ve done!

+1

history, not like cheesey saving private ryan…

Great soundtrack.

haakon_haakonsson
    Free Member

I saw it when it was on BBC2, and really liked it. There was the episode where they had to attack a pillbox that was halting their advance, so split up and came at it from different directions. At the end of the episode, the caption said that their attack was still used as the example to instruct “assault on a fixed position” to trainees at West Point Military Academy.

I too found the real old soldiers’ stories very moving. It’s important to hear their first person history, we’ve now lost the last Tommy from the First World War.

Sorry you didn’t like the series, Organic!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘I am sorry..’ is closed to new replies.