• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by brads.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hydration pack recommendations
  • jonba
    Free Member

My old Camelbak charge 450 is getting a bit tatty. I’m looking at something new. It seems all the dedicated mtb hydration packs of the same size come in at >£100. But I’ve seen alternatives that look like they would work just as well. For example

https://www.gravityprotection.co.uk/ski-off-piste-packs/DakineHeliPack12W20BLK.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiA2uH-BRCCARIsAEeef3n61Jhy5KW1IvcOm0sSZdF0YwNbTvp1SsfAkod9WopvNvGezyjLzDMaAo_SEALw_wcB

I’ve got a new bladder so that isn’t essential. Looking for something around 12L. My ideal would be a mini alpkit Gourdon. Simple, robust, water proof and easy to keep clean. Perhaps some additional compression for when it’s not full. I want a rucksack of some sort.

Evoc seem silly expensive, likewise opsrey. There are a few offers on Mules around which is going to be my go to unless there is anything people can recommend?

rossburton
    Free Member

The Osprey Raptor really is a very, very good pack though.

Sui
    Free Member

If i was getting a new bag, i’d be getting a raptor for sure…

Worth noting, that you can get 40% off Osprey Europe if you are NHS,Teacher or have forces disount!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

As above, Osprey.

blabbermouth
    Free Member

I use the Henty Enduro… very comfy as weight is lower in the back but surprisingly capacious.

https://henty.cc/shop/enduro-backpack/

onewheelgood

Osprey are pricy for a reason – great build quality, but also simply better designed than anything else. Sorry, that’s two reasons. Oh, and they are comfy too. Our three main reasons…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Osprey are pricy for a reason – great build quality, but also simply better designed than anything else. Sorry, that’s two reasons. Oh, and they are comfy too. Our three main reasons…

They also have a really good approach to supply chain, employee welfare and sustainability.

They’re a good company.

bigginge

I’ve got a slightly older version of this decathlon pack:

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/6l-mountain-biking-hydration-backpack-st-900/_/R-p-10189

I’m sure it’s not quite as nice as an osprey one but it is only £40 and has stood up to most of the abuse I’ve given it over the last two or three years without any obvious singes of wear. I did have to replace the original bit valve but that was mostly needed because littleGinge got at it not long after he was fished teething and chewed it to death.

anagallis_arvensis

I got a Deuter Cube Pure something or other, seems be decent

RicB

Bought a Camebak Skyline but sold it as it never seemed to fit (kept bouncing up- think you need big hips!)

Sold it and went back to a Dakine Nomad

But 40% off Osprey is mighty tempting!

rossburton
    Free Member

They’re not the cheapest but buy well, buy once: my Raptor pack is literally a decade old and still pretty much as-new (if you ignore all the mud). They even mailed me some replacement bite valves when one got a split after 18 months.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Worth noting, that you can get 40% off Osprey Europe if you are NHS,Teacher or have forces disount!!

I think that discount has now passed.

Fat-boy-fat

I have to say that I love Evoc backpacks. So much more stable than other packs for me, integrated back protection and all the weight sits on the hips rather than shoulders. Love mine. However, I do have a “big pack”. FR enduro blackline I think. Bigger than you are after. It has lasted me for years now with very little obvious wear and tear.

brads
    Free Member

Osprey for back packs.

Evoc for waist packs.

I also use Uswe on my dirt bike.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hydration pack recommendations’ is closed to new replies.