Home Forums Bike Forum How to tension a Canyon carbon Exceed headset!?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • How to tension a Canyon carbon Exceed headset!?
  • Joe

Hello All,

Switched fork on my carbon Canyon Exceed hardtail today and am fairly baffled… the integrated headset has a a funny little Allen key collar within it which seems to regulate the tension on the headset…. the stem cap/star nut seem to not control very much.

I didn’t manage to get it all back together tonight. The cables rout through the stem cap and the whole thing is a total faff…

But can anyone give me any pointers on how to tension it?

Joe

This is the bit I am talking about which I can’t figure out… it sits under the main bearing cover of the headset…but surely if I tension this…it will negate any tension on the star nut?Screenshot 2024-10-14 at 11.32.17

Joe

Found this video which is very useful – I will post it here in case anyone comes looking for this via google

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

Yeah the collar is not for tensioning the headset it’s just for the dreaded internal cable /hose routing.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Canyon headsets… good luck with that ;)

Every Canyon I’ve serviced has had a dodgy headset, often with super skinny bearings, and was a pig to replace/adjust.

They don’t mention that in the advertising literature….

AndrewL

Yes, canyon headsets are rubbish. I ended up speaking to them and had a different type sent out on a spectral 125 as the original had a huge aluminium cone spacer at the top that combined with the slight play in the plastic spacers was starting to try and make a groove in the steerer.

Thankfully for small mercies mine isn’t the through headset cable design.

jameso
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.