Home Forums Chat Forum How to Sell Unwanted Concert Tickets

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • How to Sell Unwanted Concert Tickets
  • Matt-P
    Free Member

My wife’s got some concert tickets for a couple of weeks time she can no longer make, what’s the best way to sell them on and get some money back?

I’m not after top money but don’t want to be messed around, are sites like Stubhub and GetMeIn worth it? Any better than eBay? And any scams to watch out for?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

First check the artist resell rules!

dabaldie
    Free Member

Stealth Advert?  ;-)

Seriously do they have your name on them? Whats the gig?

It will depend on the venue, some are pretty slack and don’t care abut resale, others are pretty hot esp after the Ed Sheran thing the other week, and don’t get me started on BTS (who?? ;-) £700 for a ticket for 13 year old kid after selling out in 5 minutes. We got 3 (at £63), but then watched them sell on stubhub for over £700 every 20 seconds when they sold out!

I know they’ve been trying to clamp down for years, but some venues are getting strict. Not just concert tickets but even theatre tickets (see Harry Potter and Cursed Child, had to show credit card that matched at least one ticket).

nickjb
    Free Member

I’ve used StubHub a few times. Seemed ok. Got a good price. Fees are crazy high for the buyer and seller but it still worked out fine. Facebook is another option, especially for a local event. I think eBay own StubHub so they make you use that

fatoldgit

You could the artists fan forum ( if there is one )

richardkennerley

Just put them on eBay as a buy it now at a few quid over what you paid for them to cover your costs, or contact the venue and return them directly.

If they’re for idles at hebden trades, I’ll have them!

Matt-P
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips – esp re the resale conditions – rare for us to get to a concert these days so not up to date on what you can and cant do and how to go about it.

Cheers :-)

wrightyson
    Free Member

Twickets. Proper site selling tickets at face value. Small fee. You’ll get a buyer who genuinely wants to go. Used them myself for a purchase.

jamj1974

StubHub – I have used them and they were fine.  Who is it for and where?

Giallograle
    Free Member

StubHub’s expensive for buyers and sellers; eBay own it, so eBay listings which used to work well, are now StubHub’s.

StubHub require delivery to and collection from their London office or enough time for recorded delivery, so may not work for last minute transactions, unless you’re in London. That stymied me last time I tried to buy tickets via StubHub. The prices can be unrealistic; there were a lot of leftover tickets for the gig I was interested in, but no way to buy.

sillysilly
    Free Member

Twickets in the hope they go to genuine fans.

FuzzyWuzzy

You’ll get a buyer who genuinely wants to go

I’m not a fan of sites like StubHub but unless you’re implying they’re used for speculative retrading (as in the buyers their often resell again) I’m not sure I follow this point. Sure a lot of the tickets on sale their have been bought specifically to sell on the first time around but I’d have thought most buyers, paying a huge premium, on StubHub etc. are genuine fans?

fooman

What’s to stop a tout buying on twickets and reselling on stubhub?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘How to Sell Unwanted Concert Tickets’ is closed to new replies.