Home Forums Bike Forum How to lubricate – Brand-X Ascend II Dropper Seatpost (External routing) ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • How to lubricate – Brand-X Ascend II Dropper Seatpost (External routing) ?
  • zinger
    Free Member

Hi All

Just noticed i’m started to get wear marks on my Brand-X Ascend II Dropper Seatpost which is just over a year old

Its this post

I’ve had a google but cant find any instructions for the external model – which has the dropper mech is part of the seat collar i dont think you can just unscrew the posts collar to get in to clean and lube

Can anyone point me in the right direction so i lube the post ?

Thx

dhrider
    Free Member

There’s a bit of striping involved on the external model to get at that collar.

It also needs rebuild with a few specific things checked like actuator Height with the string attached.

There’s videos on YouTube, if your going to the effort of stripping it, it would be worth buying the service kit from CRC and replacing the seals etc.

zinger
    Free Member

The posts got a 2 year warranty – do you recon i should just go down the path of trying to get it warrantied, as it does not seem as if they want this to be easily serviced by end users , anyone else out there getting wear like this on their brand x droppers ?

I always have a mudguard when its wet so the seat post is usually free of much and water whenever i ride – so it looks like the posts been wearing excessively on the bush’s when dropped

boxwithawindow
    Free Member

That’s bushing wear, definitely a warranty issue.

zinger
    Free Member

Submitted a warranty form just now – will have to see what happens

pipm1
    Free Member

That happened to mine on its 7th ride & stopped going up most of the time or being very reluctant to go up. I had an inner tube protecting it from the beginning. I submitted a warranty claim & they refunded it. I later took it apart & got it working but it has started going the same way again. I accidentally broke the nylon string that runs down its length to actuate the doofer at the bottom while disassembling it, but there was enough free length to tie it again – something to look out for, I think cut the string while removing the top collar.

zinger
    Free Member

Good news for me – chainreaction have just got back to me and they are sending me a replacement post 8-)

Pretty good customer server if it does arrive

Im now waiting to see if wiggle are as good on a warranty claim i have submitted for a crank brothers highline post which has lost 1 cm of travel.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘How to lubricate – Brand-X Ascend II Dropper Seatpost (External routing) ?’ is closed to new replies.