Home Forums Chat Forum How long before the first “illegal” rave?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • How long before the first “illegal” rave?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

With the clubs shut, our rampant teens will be looking for an outlet. Cue warehouses and fields being raided by big plod vans?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Send in the army .

Shoot on sight –

That will deter any other idiots.

Harsh but fair given the damage they are doing.

In seriousness. Big fines for all and prison or at least detention in an institute for the organisers…..the hugely increased risk of catching it should be a deterrent

jekkyl

There’s illegal raves every weekend Grandad, they never went away..

TheDTs
    Free Member

Will be silent Bluetooth ones with 40 somethings in socially distant Prosecco fuelled raves I expect.

timbog160
    Free Member

My nephews 18, in the army, and just been told to be on standby – he hasn’t changed his life one bit – apart from being told to cut back on drinking in case of riots! Thinks we’re all mad.

Simon

I was thinking the same. Getting my teenage kids to take the current situation seriously is proving difficult!

duncancallum

Last weekend at rivington

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

A pal of mine heard that an illegal rave was being held at an old abandoned bakery.

It seemed to take ages for the dj’s to arrive, so everyone was just milling about 😊

benpinnick

Came here to make a comment about milling around, found out I was too late. Good job this isn’t how I earn my crust.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Wasn’t one broken up in Shropshire last weekend?

BillOddie

Do groups of teens gathering round bluetooth speakers whilst smoking weed on the local comprehensives basketball court count?  If so, loads happening now!

fossy

Fortunately my two do get it – my son has been nipping out for a ‘drive’, but he’s at risk being Type 1, so isn’t out (he’s also WFH though).

johnx2
    Free Member

Given that over the peak of the epidemic there’s only been one purely C19 related death in this age-group from C19, I can sympathise with their frustration.

fossy

The neighbour’s two older (late teens/ early 20’s) are always going out, the lad on foot, and the girl in her car. He’s obviously come back from Uni or somewhere else (don’t ask – bit of a ‘character’) as he’s not been home for a couple of years. It must be difficult as there are 7 other young kids in the house, and I can’t imagine teens getting on with primary kids for two long (4 of their own plus 3 fostered kids – mad house).

dannybgoode

Most illegal raves I’ve been to (or free parties as we prefer to know them as :D ) over the past few years certainly weren’t the product of teenagers. At 40 + I felt neither too old nor too young and most of the sound system owners are of a similar vintage..

With that in mind I think common sense will prevail amongst the rave collective…

easily
    Free Member

Soon. Head for Watford Gap services, look for the flyer in the women’s loo, then Call the number for more info.

derek_starship
    Free Member

It took a while but it was bloody massive. And tragic.

Rave

inkster
    Free Member

Back in the early 90’s the gpvernment clamped down on this sort of thing. What’s different this time?

Coronavirus.
    Brexit.
    Black Lives Matter.
    Depleted police force, and in the 90’s the police had had a decade’s training fighting the miners strike.

I can honestly see a situation where there’s more parties going on than there are police on duty.

EDIT
    Or a situation where the number of parties going on is limtied only by the number of sound systems available at the time.

MrSmith
    Free Member

With that in mind I think common sense will prevail amongst the rave collective…

That’s a joke right?

slowoldman

That’s a joke right?

It has certainly turned out the way.

singlespeedstu

As an ex unlicenced part goer.
    People that want to party will no matter what.
    I wouldn’t be having anything to do with it personaly right now but going back 25 years and this happening I’d have been at an outdoor party like a flash.
    Youth and drugs make you think some pretty irresponsible stuff is no biggie.
    Can’t say I blame them given the examples set from higher up.

SaxonRider

Given that over the peak of the epidemic there’s only been one purely C19 related death in this age-group from C19, I can sympathise with their frustration.

I don’t. It’s not about them. It’s about others.

csb
    Free Member

It was inevitable given the amount of money that the dealers must have been losing.

slowoldman

You are quite right about that one.

avdave2

**** don’t need other **** to justify what they do, they do it because they are selfish **** and selfish **** don’t actually pay any attention to what other selfish **** are doing, **** are only interested in their own **** self

bearnecessities

**** excellent swearing. Ten out of ****.

timidwheeler

**** don’t need other **** to justify what they do, they do it because they are selfish **** and selfish **** don’t actually pay any attention to what other selfish **** are doing, **** are only interested in their own **** self

Hard to **** argue with that.

montgomery
    Free Member

Greta who?

eskay

I was thinking about this yesterday afternoon when I first heard about it. I was pretty disappointed at such a large gathering but then I wondered what I would have done if I was 18 (at which point in my life I was going to illegal raves) and I think I probably would have ended up going.

You really don’t think the same way when you are younger.

The feel really sorry for the girl who was attacked, I hope she is ok.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I imagine young people are fed up sacrificing things for older folk when they perceive older people as screwing them over whenever they get chance. See “voting for Tories” etc

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

2009 H1N1 pandemic highest rates of infection were in young people – roughly 5 to 20 year age range.

If that comes round again, me and the Darby & Joan massiv will be havin’ it Jabba large and the yoof can just cough off and die.

Jokes.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Second rave anyone?
    Sorry, wave

johnx2
    Free Member

it’s the youth who’ll be paying our pensions one way or another, if they ever get jobs. And who are being asked to sacrifice their summer, going to college in any kind of normal way, get their first jobs, and of course the fundamental right of young folks to party and get messy…

I don’t. It’s not about them. It’s about others.

yeah, young people can be selfish as can those of us who’ve done fun summers, uni, jobs etc and are happy to hole up in our houses. But they’re being expected to take what looks to me like a very very big hit on their lives. I find it possible to sympathise.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/used-tampons-human-excrement-sea-18419969

why GMP just didn’t park a couple of vans there from late afternoon I don’t know

yeah, young people can be selfish as can those of us who’ve done fun summers, uni, jobs etc and are happy to hole up in our houses. But they’re being expected to take what looks to me like a very very big hit on their lives. I find it possible to sympathise

I think some of the generation most at risk had a bigger hit on their lives due to a world issue, but you know, me, me, me, gap year is a human right etc

BruceWee

Wow, I didn’t realise any of the gilded generation was still up for arguing this.

Your generation took everything they could get their hands on and then pulled up the ladders.

Can you stop pretending you lived through WW2 please. Most of us can do maths.

finbar
    Free Member

I think some of the generation most at risk had a bigger hit on their lives due to a world issue, but you know, me, me, me, gap year is a human right etc

The 1973 oil crisis?

Harry_the_Spider

Just testing their hearing…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Devils advocate, it’s not like those older generations managed to avoid fun and protect future generations from pandemics is it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV/AIDS_in_the_United_Kingdom

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘How long before the first “illegal” rave?’ is closed to new replies.