Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • How can you watch Eurosport for free?
  • thecrookofdevon

Okay so the hype has got to me. I want to watch the Giro. Used to get Eurosport on my old analogue satellite sytstem which has now stopped. How can you get it for free? Online? Any way of getting via freeview?

thecrookofdevon

Before anybody comes in with ‘get sent to prison for free Sky TV’…

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

cycling fans website will have live feeds as they become available during all the major races. Quality is good enough to follow the race but not really good enough to enjoy the spectacle.

rewski
    Free Member
    muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Is the eurosport player quality any better than the other feeds available online?

I’m another one who misses his analouge dish.

My “broadband” is crap so is there anyway to get Europsort through a satellite dish without going for a Sky package?

(I don’t mind paying for Eurosport, just not all the other Sky channels I’ll never watch)

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I used to watch all the streams on Steephill.tv (Great resource even if your not watching the stream), but now pay for Eurosport player. It’s better quality and more reliable, plus you can can watch the highlights etc when the streams tend to only have the live coverage.

flatfish
    Free Member

Might have to buy it myself.
    The streams are ok on a laptop but I want it on my tv.

legspin
    Free Member

Why don’t you plug your laptop in to your tv?

nealglover
    Free Member

Is the eurosport player quality any better than the other feeds available online?

Screenshot of Eurosport Player on iPad Mini on Starbucks free wifi.

Quality is Ok, but not great.

flatfish
    Free Member

too pixelated

5thElefant
    Free Member

too pixelated

Sit further away.

I’ve got a subscription on the ipad (which I sometimes plug into the TV).

It’s adequate.

nealglover
    Free Member

It’s adequate

It’s adequate agreed, I wouldn’t want to pay for it though to be honest as its nothing more than adequate.

(I get it free on Sky Go as my brother has a full sky package and I use his mobile service as he doesn’t.)

If you know someone who pays for sky, why not ask if they use the mobile service? If they don’t, ask if you can ?
    It’s free and you can register 2 devices to receive it.

rob-jackson
    Free Member
    5thElefant
    Free Member

I guess it depends… I only use it for world superbikes, so £3 a month seems more than reasonable compared to getting sky (which is the only other option).

mintimperial

I have a sub to use the ES player, we have crap broadband at home but it works fine so long as the wife isn’t chewing up the connection by playing Cow Clicker or somesuch bobbins. Much better than paying Sky for a load of crap I don’t want to watch. Also the player works pretty well on my phone, so I can watch it sneakily at work and whatnot…

ciron
    Free Member

Eurosport is also on Virgin.

Crell
    Free Member

The downside is that unlike Sky, there’s no HD feed option for ES on the ES player.

I was watching WSBK on Sunday and it was “borderline adequate” on a (good) 27″ monitor.

onewheelgood

Eurosport is free even on the basic Virgin package – it’s one of the main reasons I got Virgin, the other being that it’s not Sky.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

http://www.sportlemon.tv/
    Scroll through the links to find the british commentary, although it’s usually the first link.

cr500dom
    Free Member

I have ES Player on the Ipad for MotoGP and WSB mainly and plug that into the TV,its ok.

Lifer
    Free Member

I’ve found Eurosport Player to be very good, certainly better than SkyGo.

brakes
    Free Member

even Eurosport on Virgin can be a bit grainy

nealglover
    Free Member

I’ve found Eurosport Player to be very good, certainly better than SkyGo.

I’ve always presumed they were exactly the same ??

SkyGo for people who have a sky subscription
    Eurosport Player for those that don’t.

Same feed etc.

(I’ve never tried Eurosport Player as I can get it for free on SkyGo so can’t compare them side by side.)

tonyd

I stopped using mine a while ago, but is it (still) available through FreeSat? If so might have to dig it out and plug it back in.

coatesy
    Free Member

Anybody else subscribe to Eurosport Player on their £1.99 per month special offer in December?If so, did you have your first months payment taken, then find yourself locked out from the second month due to “payment not completed” despite all credit card details used initially being the same, with the only option to continue viewing being to re-subscribe at (surprise, surprise) £2.99 per month?

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

I had this problem when they switched off the analogue last April so brought a digital dish from amason £19 and got a Technomate box which gets loads of channels.Eurosport is clear as anything only PROBLEM it is in GERMAN.But doesnt cost anything once set up.So watching cycling or Superbikes or anythink is fine.There is also lots of colourfull channels on there too if you see what i mean 😉

shifter
    Free Member

onewheelgood – Member

Eurosport is free even on the basic Virgin package – it’s one of the main reasons I got Virgin, the other being that it’s not Sky.

Is it? What channel number?

Edit: it’s on M+ but not M.

mattsccm
    Free Member

I use the Eurosport thing. It was £1.99 a month for 12 month just before Xmas.
    What pee’s me off is that despite the hype, if you miss it you can’t get a re run. At least with the telly you could bung in a DVD and record it.
    If I am wrong please tell me where.

butcher

With the Eurosport Player can you play it on any machine – just log in and go? I’m quite happy to spend a few quid to watch the Giro, but I thought I had heard that it would only play on the machine it was licenced to, and that’s putting me off.

delstron
    Free Member

If you have an ipad you can watch Eurosport for nowt using the CineXplayer app

whatnobeer
    Free Member

With the Eurosport Player can you play it on any machine – just log in and go?

As far as I can tell, yes. I’ve used it on my work computer, home computer and a friends laptop, all with no issues about where it’s coming from or going to.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘How can you watch Eurosport for free?’ is closed to new replies.