Home Forums Bike Forum Hope V4 – what adaptors do I need?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope V4 – what adaptors do I need?
  • eyestwice
    Free Member

Sick to death of Sram brakes and going to take the plunge and get some Hopes.

Much research and umming/aahing has taken place. Have discounted Shimano for this bike (which I’ve just put on my other bike and am happy with). Also Magura, Formula, etc. So not looking for alternative suggestions.

All I need to know is…what do I need apart from the actual brakes? I’m running 203 Shimano rotors front and rear. Cockpit is 1×11 GX with Reverb remote.

Just missed Hope office hours today so can anyone please enlighten me as to which adaptors I need to keep things tidy? I’m guessing my PM adaptors and XT rotors are OK to keep for now?

IMG-20200520-163101
    IMG-20200520-163110
    IMG-20200520-163120

squirrelking
    Free Member

Yes, you may need to rebleed them to run the thinner rotors but they’ll be fine. I’m running 203 Avid rotors with mine.

fathomer

You won’t be able to mount the Reverb remote to them I don’t think, unless you swap that for the 1x remote. The shifter should work with an MMX adaptor, have a look here.

Also, you shouldn’t need to rebleed them for the rotors as the bleed is done with pistons fully retracted, so rotor thickness should make no difference.

reluctantjumper

The Reverb remote should play well with the levers as-is, I was able to get mine comfy with the Tech 3 lever when I was running that combo. You will need a MMX adaptor too.
    Double check the mount adaptors will clear all parts of the caliper, Hope ones have a kink to clear the piston pots, some adaptors will foul. Also check that the V4 pads don’t overhang the braking surfaces of your discs, either above into thin air or below onto the spokes. Other than that they should be fine.

ogri
    Free Member

Just tried shimano 203 adapter with my Hopes after fitting larger disc.The caliper fouls the adapter so i’m ordering the Hope one.It’s the “H” one if i’m not mistaken.

ogri
    Free Member

Oops,E4 here so above may not apply.

eyestwice
    Free Member

That’s fine, thanks all. Saving the expense on rotors and knowing what I need for shifter/reverb helps hugely.

If I need a couple of new PM adaptors then at least I now know. Was worried that I was going to end up spending a fortune on getting things all tidy and working together properly.

Cheers again!

endomick
    Free Member

If your postmounts are 160mm you’ll need adapter C , for 180mm post mount its adapter H, you’ll need Hopes sram shifter mount for tech3 lever if you haven’t got a sram bar clamp.

eyestwice
    Free Member

Brake sets ordered along with both a left and right Sram clamp.

Hopefully that’ll do it. If not then all I should need is the new PM mounts as per @endomick.

Thanks again all 👍

What really swung it was Miss Eyestwice offering to pay half due to her concern over my safety.

Talking of which, my rear shock feels a bit past it. Forks have moved on. Both of which are essential safety items…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope V4 – what adaptors do I need?’ is closed to new replies.