Home Forums Bike Forum Hope PF41 Bottom Bracket – Worth it?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hope PF41 Bottom Bracket – Worth it?
  • northersouth
    Free Member

Picked up a new carbon frame with a BB92 shell. Standard Shimano plastic BB is rather draggy (especially vs. previous Hope threaded BB).

Does any with experience of the Hope PF41 recommend it?
    Is it the usual Hope quality you expect, or has Press-Fit made things a bit less reliable.

parkesie
    Free Member

Have used the hope pf46 on a couple of bikes. By far the best pf bb I’ve used.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mine worked a treat. In fact, it lasted longer than the frame it went in. But that’s more a reflection on the frame than the bottom bracket.

It never creaked though.

northersouth
    Free Member

Cheers. Would you say the cranks span quite freely when chain was off? I currently get about 1 spin with the stock BB.

Northwind

I think there’s just something wrong with your current setup tbh, I’ve been using shimano’s bb92 in my trek forever and it’s been ace- I really didn’t want to go pushfit but it’s never been an issue (even though I just fit it by smashing it with a rubber mallet).

I had a Hope one that came with another frame and tbh it didnt work any better, it just seemed overcomplicated and chunky- a reaction to other, crapper pushfit systems maybe? Replacable bearings were the only benefit in my book, I ended up selling it along with a frame and kept with the shimano.

davidmoyesismydad
    Free Member

Hope use enduro bearings in there bottom brackets these days and I can’t say I was overly impressed with its lifespan .

branes
    Free Member

I currently get about 1 spin with the stock BB.

Unfortunately this is far more likely to be due to the frame than the BB. Get one of those screw together ones, more hope of alignment with one of those.

Northwind

FWIW the whole “spin it in the frame” thing is never all that useful, the actual differences in force between “spins once” and “spins several times” are tiny- you can spin a crank with a pinkie, you don’t get far pedalling with a pinkie.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.