Home Forums Chat Forum Home PVR/DLNA server questions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Home PVR/DLNA server questions
  • bigshep
    Free Member

I’m after a bit of advice if you’d be so kind.

After finally deciding to ditch sky, I now need to try and replicate what they offer cheaply…
    We’ve currently got the HD box downstairs with a magic eye in the bedroom.
    Would a Panasonic DMR-HWT130EB with a Chromecast fitted to the bedroom telly do the same job?
    Also how would you control the box downstairs?

Cheers

georgecats_0
    Free Member

Hi there,I was interested in a multi room set up, this is what i have got, it works,but has software issues, I have a Panasonic freeview recorder pwt635, in our family room, and another in the lounge, with a Panasonic smart device in the bedroom,it means I can watch programmes recorded on the lounge box in the family room and vice versa, or watch recorded programmes from either box in the bedroom, they are connected using wifi, but work better with cat 5 from the router.
    The software issues mean that you can’t watch the same programme on 2 tellies at once
    You can’t part watch a programme, change rooms and pick up the remainder of the programme easily
    If a box is recording I don’t think you can stream from it
    I would be interested to hear if a chrome cast would work, but I thought you had to use panasonic equipment, I’m moving house soon, so if I can improve on this set up, I will, thanks

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve got a Humax T2 freeview box (eBay £70) and if you install the custom firmware (takes 2 mins and is completely reversible) one of the many built in options is for it to run as a DLNA server.
    I’ve tested this with iPhones/pads running VLC and it works great.
    That said our Panasonic TV in the other room cannot play the files – but then I’ve found hardly any formats that it does play!
    More info here[/url]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Home PVR/DLNA server questions’ is closed to new replies.