• This topic has 40 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by TedC.
Viewing 41 post (of 41 total)
  • Home Insurance – PedalCover T&C’s changed – ideas?
  • TedC

AA had low outbuilding limits and required locking to immovable objects IIRC

They certainly did on mine, and were a little sneaky about it. When taking out the policy I explained several times that I had multiple bikes, which in total were quite a lot, but that individually they were all under the 1k limit for named items.

The 3k limit for “outbuildings” was hidden away in the policy schedule, not as a headline item. When my garage (not attached to the house) then got emptied, they tried to get out of paying the full amount (comfortably north of 7k). They eventually settled in my favour after going back to the call recordings – from my POV it was either pay up, or I put in claims for mis-sold policies.

At the time of the settling, they said it wasn’t fair to expect the staff who sell you the policy to know all the details of the policies they sell and you should check all the small print when you get the policy schedule details. In my naivety, I rashly assumed that telling them what I needed from the policy would mean that they would select the correct policy – if not, what are they doing.

No longer get insurance through the AA for anything.

Please check your policy details so you don’t have to through the fight I had.

Viewing 41 post (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Home Insurance – PedalCover T&C’s changed – ideas?’ is closed to new replies.