Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Help needed from the STW knowledge base
  • Eyepic
    Free Member

A friend has just asked a question that I could not help with…. and I just know that there is only one true place to ask……

My friend would like to create some form of garden ornament sort of thing….and is planning to stick these “things” on the end of some steel (or other metal) rods that she will stick in the ground.

Any ideas where She could buy rods with a threaded end so that she could screw stuff on to them?

All ideas gratefully received.

All the very best and thanks David

RealMan
    Free Member
    MrWoppit
    Free Member

😆

GW
    Free Member

like spokes?

are you taking the piss?

rossi46
    Free Member

like spokes?

are you taking the piss?

😆

Eyepic
    Free Member

No pee taking… yes like spoke only longer and thicker… they will need to support things that weigh a couple of pounds.

RM …. thanks for the advice but that seems to give me threaded rods…rather than rods with tread on them…

Thought theme may be a name for that sort of thing.

D

meehaja
    Free Member

buy steel rods and then thread them yourself? ITs not a hard job, any machinist with a lathe should be able to do it IIRC?

sadexpunk

you dont even need a lathe. ive got a little tap and die set in my garage ive never used. so if you got a vice you could do them by hand. ill never use it, just gathering dust, so make me an offer and you caould be the proud new owner 🙂

mustard
    Free Member

get a flat plate with bolt/screw holes in it welded onto the end of some rebar then bolt/screw the ornaments on?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Help needed from the STW knowledge base’ is closed to new replies.