Home Forums Chat Forum Help with Hive – no HW or CH off wires

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Help with Hive – no HW or CH off wires
  • dmorts

I installed a Hive Active Heating system yesterday and this replaced a Danfoss TP9000. This controlled both the central heating and the hot water.

It seemed to be a straight forward swap and currently seems to be working fine. However there were no CH off or HW off wires going to the original Danfoss controller. All it had was Live, Neutral, HW on and CH on (plus a connection for the remote temp sensor) I wired the Hive in the same way.

I am wondering if there are some HW off and CH off connections somewhere that should be connected to the Hive. Could this be the case (in spite of it working fine)?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Not required. For the CH the demand comes from the thermostat, so it’s either on and demanding heat or off when heat is satisfied, and for the HW its the thermostat on the storage tank, again it’s either on (and demanding heat) or off.

pobgas
    Free Member

You won’t need hw off and ch off, hw on in to 3 and ch on in to 4 on the hive backplate. You will also need to linkout the thermostat wires, normally the sensor would be removed and the wires connected together and stuck back into the wall then fit the hive thermostat on the wall over the hole that the sensor was covering.

dmorts

Thanks for the confirmation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Help with Hive – no HW or CH off wires’ is closed to new replies.