Home Forums Bike Forum Help! Want to Change to a 25t Sprocket and 9t Driver!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Help! Want to Change to a 25t Sprocket and 9t Driver!
  • bmxbeginner
    Free Member

Hey,

I’m new to BMX-ing and I have a rather large sprocket on my Haro Bmx.
    My friends said its a problem because you catch it when grinding if its too big. They all have really small sprockets. However, I wish to change to a 25/9 (sprocket/driver), but not all drivers fit all hubs. I have a threaded freewheel and its a Haro Bmx. What 9t drivers will fit it? I’m low on money and aim to spend up to £20. Does anyone know a driver that will fit or will I need a new hub or a cassette?

Thanks,
    Greg.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

If you’re that skint spend your money on going to a couple of beginners sessions at your nearest indoor park. You’re a long way away from worrying about grinds. 9t sprockets I think, require a specific hub which you may or may not have. something like an 11/33 may be much cheaper to implement.

norcbot
    Free Member

oliverd1981 is right you will need to replace your rear hub or wheel to get it down to a 9t, which will be a fair bit more than £20. The smallest you ca go with a screw on hub is 13t.

4ndyB
    Free Member

a 9t cog will need a new hub/rear wheel.

Cost will be at least £50 for a basic wheel suitable for a 9t, then there’s the 9t cog itself, and then the 25t chainring…

Best part of £100 usually with the cheapest parts in our shop

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Help! Want to Change to a 25t Sprocket and 9t Driver!’ is closed to new replies.