Home Forums Bike Forum Help picking £350 29er wheels

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help picking £350 29er wheels
  • Milese
    Free Member

Hi,

I need to replace the wheels on my 29er XTC and have narrowed it down to two 25mm rim options. Which do you think and why?

1. Hunt XC wide – £330 – 1647g
    + Good UK support
    – Out of stock til 3rd week in July

2. DT Swiss handbuilds from Fitwheels in Poland – £350 – 1550g
    XR391 rims, laser straight pull spokes, DT Swiss Spline (240 internals) ratchet rear hub, Novatec front hub.
    + Ratchet rear hub, be with me in a week, bit lighter
    – Will want to spend another £30 on the 36T ratchet upgrade for rear hub, mis matched hubs, have good rep, but are abroad…

I do some heavy XC type stuff, and probably want to do some XC racing.

Thanks.

kimbers

DT Swiss

Same front hub as hunts, but better rims & rear hub

The-Duke

Another vote for dt swiss, got two wheel sets with 240 and 350 hubs and have been faultless. If it’s the 240 hubs your getting then they should have the 36 tooth ratchet as standard, it’s the 350s that come with 18 teeth

martinhutch

DT Swiss. I have XR391 on 240s, and that is a very good price for an great wheel.

Milese
    Free Member

Thanks for replies.

The DT swiss rear hub is from the XR1501/XM1501 wheelset that apparently have 240 internals inside. Fitwheel seem to have access to DT Swiss stock at good prices!

beanieripper
    Free Member

I got some 350 straightpulls on xm481 (30mm width) with dt competition race spokes from Fitwheels, come in at 1730g in 27.5 flavour. Dealt with Lukaz who was brilliant, lovely build too, haven’t needed to touch them. They came in at about £380..

bonobo
    Free Member

Just like Beanieripper I got some XM481 rims on 350 hubs, but 29″ flavour from Fitwheels. Can’t fault the wheels or the service.
    Would definitely use again.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help picking £350 29er wheels’ is closed to new replies.