Home Forums Chat Forum HELP!- LAN/wireless network advice

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • HELP!- LAN/wireless network advice
  • Nonsense
    Free Member

I realise I should probably post this in overclockers but I’m hoping for a more luddite friendly response on here!

I’ve just moved to a new house thats on 3 levels and I have cable internet. I’ve run an ethernet cable upstairs from the router/modem and plugged it in to an old Sky router with the intention of having wifi access throughout the house.

I reconfigured the Sky router – changing the SSID and password to match etc. When I’m upstairs it connects to the internet fine, however when i then come back downstairs with the same device (e.g iPhone) and I try to access a website it tries to send me back to the router configuration page rather than picking up the signal from the main router downstairs. Any idea how I can stop this happening? It’s driving me bonkers!!!

Thanks!

Nonsense
    Free Member

Think it was the old router not liking the change of IP and trying to revert back to the old one which clashed with the new router. Managed to get it to work now.

Cougar

Why’s the IP address changing? Have you got both routers allocating DHCP addresses? Don’t do that.

Nonsense
    Free Member

Turned off DHCP on the second router and changed the IP for the second router because it seemed to be confusing devices connecting to the second router then swapping back to the primary router. This guide was helpful http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/attachments/asking-help/2207d1298734382-how-connect-two-routers-together-how-connect-two-routers-together-v1.00.pdf

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘HELP!- LAN/wireless network advice’ is closed to new replies.