Home Forums Bike Forum Headsets – size help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Headsets – size help
  • Chrace
    Free Member

Ok, I’m normally not one to give up on Google searching but this one got me. Need help folks!

Got a Lapierre XR929 frameset and need to stick a new headset in it. Spec says stock headset is “CANE CREEK 40 Series 44/28.6 I 55/40 TAPERED” and I need to fit a fork with tapered steerer (Fox 29er CTD Evo).

To put it bluntly, what do I need here? Something along these lines?

The 44/28.6 55/40 got me.

Steerer is fairly cut as well (2nd hand) so low profile is welcome. Oh, and if it can be red and less than £50 it’d be great. :)

Thanks!

timba
    Free Member

Try here??? I don’t know where you’ve got to in your searching but this might help to get you started

granny_ring

You need to check the head tube to see how far the cups can be inserted too as that FSA one you linked to seems to have a deep inset.
    The hope ones are around 9mm inset.

EDIT

Hope linky

rocketman
    Free Member

The 44/28.6 55/40 got me

A 44/28.6 top cup allows a 28.6 mm (~1.125″) steerer to be used in a 44 mm ID head tube

A 55/40 lower cup allows a 40 mm (~1.5″) steerer to be used in a 55 mm ID head tube so what you have are typical cups for a Lapierre/Scott 44-55 mm tapered headtube

Hope type 2 top cup and type G lower cup

HTH

Chrace
    Free Member

Brilliant, thanks a lot.

Chrace
    Free Member

As far as I can see, This looks like the best deal at the moment. Quite a saving on UK prices, also helped by Euro rates. Just thought I’d pop it on here in case anyone else is looking.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Headsets – size help’ is closed to new replies.