Home Forums Bike Forum Headset help

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by pjm7.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Headset help
  • pjm7
    Free Member

Can anyone help, I’m being dumb! I need to replace the headset on my 2017 model Whyte T130c works, a search shows (can’t read details off original bearing) that the oem one is an Fsa number 42 integrated orbit zs plus                 1 1/8 – 1 1/2. So  as I intend to keep the bike for years yet I thought I’d treat it to a Chris King headset, I measured the upper bearing outer race at 41.8mm and the lower at 52mm, looked on the CK site and it looks like they don’t do anything to suit, so plan b, fit Hope, I think I need an Hsc8 upper and HscJ lower but am starting to get a headache, can anyone confirm if I’ve got this right?

Cheers

Paul

nickdavies

I’m pretty sure my FF29 uses a FSA no.42 headset, and when I built it I wanted a nicer one but no one made the correct one to fit. So I stuck with the FSA.

Liftman

Op did you find anywhere that stocks the hope hsc8 upper headset, struggling to find anyone that stocks it.

tomaso
    Free Member

Wiggle Brand X integrated tapered headset is £12

pjm7
    Free Member

Lbs have ordered me in the bearings, but wrong ones came, so waiting on correct bearings to come from Hope.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Headset help’ is closed to new replies.