Home â€ș Forums â€ș Chat Forum â€ș haters assemble (iPhone 15 launch) 😃

Viewing 6 posts - 201 through 206 (of 206 total)
  • haters assemble (iPhone 15 launch) 😃
  • zilog6128

hot_fiatFull MemberThe active top bar thingy is lush. If you order a taxi on Uber or AirPlay something you get itsy witsy little icons telling you what it’s up to.

or if a timer is counting down etc. was a bit sceptical about the “dynamic island” but yeah surprisingly cool & useful! 

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Got my 15 Max a few days ago coming from an 11 pro

In some ways its no different, doesnt work any quicker etc etc  (although to be fair STW loads quicker)

I dont notice the difference in size although it only just fits in the remote charging tray in my car.

Camera is brilliant compared to 11 Pro (which was good in its day)

Battery life – not having to charge every night currently.

What is frustrating though is that everyone else in the household is still on lightning connections so it means x 2 leads in the car, remembering to take multiple leads when going away etc.

I used my old iphone for Rouvy via a SCART lightning adapter, Ive got to but the equivalent for USB c now. Has anyone else had to do this? I assume it will still need external power to the adapter ?

Also headphones, you no longer get headphones ! I was very happy with the plug in ones you used to get. Ive just had to buy some bluetooth ones :-( although was an excuse to buy some nice Sony ones currently on offer !

timmys

The alternative to multiple leads is adaptors – might also work for your SCART thing.

CountZero

Also headphones, you no longer get headphones ! I was very happy with the plug in ones you used to get.

They stopped supplying EarPods with the iPhone 12, along with a charging plug. A pair of EarPods with a USB-C plug from Apple will cost £19, which honestly is peanuts. If you’ve still got a pair or two of EarPods with Lightning connectors, or even 3.5mm jacks, you can get 3.5mm > USB-C adapters from Amazon which work perfectly well. I’ve got studio spec Rþde headphones and Ultimate Ears in-ear monitors that I use with my 15 Pro Max using their original supplied 3.5mm cables, that, along with a Fiio DAC, all have 3.5mm > USB-C adapters, the Fiio comes with its own adapter. They honestly sound superb, too; the adapters have built-in DAC’s, and listening to Lossless downloads is fantastic. I can’t be bothered with an adapter for the EarPods at the moment, it’s just as easy to just get the USB-C version and find an adapter for the two or three pairs I’ve acquired over the years later on. Outstanding ‘phones, the EarPods, considering what they cost, unless they don’t fit your ears.

Drac

In some ways its no different, doesnt work any quicker etc etc 

You’re joking surely?

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member
    CountZero

Also headphones, you no longer get headphones ! I was very happy with the plug in ones you used to get.

They stopped supplying EarPods with the iPhone 12, along with a charging plug. A pair of EarPods with a USB-C plug from Apple will cost £19, which honestly is peanuts. If you’ve still got a pair or two of EarPods with Lightning connectors, or even 3.5mm jacks, you can get 3.5mm > USB-C adapters from Amazon which work perfectly well. I’ve got studio spec Rþde headphones and Ultimate Ears in-ear monitors that I use with my 15 Pro Max using their original supplied 3.5mm cables, that, along with a Fiio DAC, all have 3.5mm > USB-C adapters, the Fiio comes with its own adapter. They honestly sound superb, too; the adapters have built-in DAC’s, and listening to Lossless downloads is fantastic. I can’t be bothered with an adapter for the EarPods at the moment, it’s just as easy to just get the USB-C version and find an adapter for the two or three pairs I’ve acquired over the years later on. Outstanding ‘phones, the EarPods, considering what they cost, unless they don’t fit your ears.

Does your DAC do anything to the output from the Iphone? When I use Amazon music wired to my headphones I can check on the resolution (? is that the correct term) of the track, what the device is capable of and what the output is. My 15 pro/DAC combo has nothing past the basic lossless units. Mac book and DAC have huge numbers compared to phone.

Viewing 6 posts - 201 through 206 (of 206 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.