Home Forums Bike Forum GT Sensor 2014 shock options

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • GT Sensor 2014 shock options
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

A mate of mine has one of these and really wants a piggyback shock. It looks like one won’t fit and the size 184×44 is a weird one as well.

Does anyone have one with a piggyback on, can it be done?

for the size can he fit offset bushing to run a different size shock, I assume e can but there isn’t a longer shock with that stroke, worried about bottom out and clearance issues.

Another option is the DB Inline which they do in the right size but would the sticky out air valve possible foul the frame? It’d have to go backwards as the adjustments are on the shaft end.

Can’t find much info online

hardupdad
    Free Member

I can’t see why not? The GT force for 2016 comes with a piggy back. Once in place with the piggy back towards the front and at the top I can’t see what would foul the shock?

I would say you should be ok.

I love my sensor! Proper underrated.

ivorlott
    Free Member

Re: CCDB Inline, CC Fit Finder says no, as does this thread on MTBR…

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

The CC site says the GT force can’t fit an inline but it’s 190×50 and you can buy that size inline.

Why might it not fit?

ivorlott
    Free Member

Shock is mounted through the seat tube. As chrishc777 mentioned, to make the CCDB adjustments accessible, you would need to mount with the can to the rear. CCDB Inline can has a diameter of around 7cm (inc. air valve), Fox Float around 4cm, so more than likely not enough frame clearance.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

sad pissing on chips answer…
    Whats wrong with the shock in it?
    Whats going to be better with a piggy back?
    Whats he trying to achieve with it?
    If the shock isn’t working right for him and he knows exactly what he wants consider getting it tuned/pushed/avalanched

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Hardupdad, you seem pretty clued up on all things GT. any idea where I can get a 38.1mm seat clamp for my carbon force?

hardupdad
    Free Member

Hope do one bigger so could possibly do one to order?

Otherwise would suggest contact a GT dealer for a replacement, but will most likely be same as what you have and to order only.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Mike, yes I did say that to him but he has his mind set on a bigger shock, we all ride 6″ bikes with big ass shocks!

Hardupdad, a couple of mates have Forces with float Xs but the gap between the shock sleeve hole and the shock mount seems tighter on the sensor, a quick measure would suggest it won’t fit but there are moving parts in play and all that. Also it look from pics like the later force is just a 2014 sensor frame with more travel, so can more travel be acheived with a longer shock? he has 150mm pikes on there which have slackened it right out, maybe with a longer stroke and length shock he’d get more travel and some 160mm pikes would put the HA back where it should be.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well good luck to him, I’m sure somebody will gladly part him and his cash for no good reason 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘GT Sensor 2014 shock options’ is closed to new replies.