• This topic has 52 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by csb.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Greggs Concierge
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

binners you are Stormzy AICMFP

binners

I now have a goal in life. Something to live for. I have to win at least one Brit award next year

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

did you see you also get greggs slippers?

FB-ATB

So someone who can afford it gets loads of free food. I hope he orders loads of stuff everyday for the homeless.

binners

Whoever is in charge of marketing at Greggs is a genius!

null

binners

FT-ATB – Mrs Binners works for a large charity that deals with kids in the less salubrious and more challenging areas of the north west. At the end of each day the local Greggs comes and delivers all the unsold food from the day so the kids have all got lunch the next day. They don’t make a big song and dance about it. They just do it. Every single day. And have been doing for years

chewkw
    Free Member

So someone who can afford it gets loads of free food. I hope he orders loads of stuff everyday for the homeless.

People are greedy and will take whatever is free even if it has no value to them.

binners

Sweet Jesus! The fun police are out in force today

Have a word with yourselves FFS!

FB-ATB

Good to hear, but sad that has to happen.

Drac

Yeah our local Gregg’s give away food to local clubs around here and also to emergency services.

I doubt Stomzy will actually use it that much but the promotion does them good.

binners

I would also like to add that the fact that large amounts of free Greggs is delivered to my darling wife’s place of work every day in no way influenced her decision to work there and she came under no undue pressure from me 😉

mesh

I’m surprised no member of the professionally offended has complained about the card being black.

chewkw
    Free Member

I like Greggs and I wish they could promote themselves using real people instead.

I’m surprised no member of the professionally offended has complained about the card being black.

I am surprised nobody has complained that they are promoting/targeting certain sector of the community … you know the ones that always go for KFC/McDonald.

martinhutch

Yeah our local Gregg’s give away food to local clubs around here and also to emergency services.

Companies like Victoria’s Secret should take note of this and make sure their unwanted items get to needy children, not just dumped in the bin.

🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

So someone who can afford it gets loads of free food.

Or, rather, Greggs have got a good PR company. It has nothing to do with giving him free food.

kelvin

I like Greggs and I wish they could promote themselves using real people instead.

I am surprised nobody has complained that they are promoting/targeting certain sector of the community … you know the ones that always go for KFC/McDonald.

Can we tell Chewkw what we think of him? Go on… a cathartic rant on a wet Friday night be useful for lots of people.

tomhoward

Companies like Victoria’s Secret should take note of this and make sure their unwanted items get to needy children, not just dumped in the bin.

Err, whut?

chewkw
    Free Member

Can we tell Chewkw what we think of him? Go on… a cathartic rant on a wet Friday night be useful for lots of people.

It’s Friday and some numpties at work just moved the meeting to 5.30pm …and I have to be there. 😒

binners

Can I just use this as an excuse to post a picture of my bike, when it was back from the powder coaters, resplendent in Greggs Blue with its new graphics….

😀

RicB

Our local Greggs sells off a lot of the food plus a hot drink for £1 in the last hour of business. The idea being for people to buy this for the homeless in a city centre.

As above, they don’t make a song and dance about it, which is always impressive in today’s awful social media era.

Drac

Who knew Prince Andrew was on our forum.

scuttler

Mrs Binners works for a large charity that deals with kids in the less salubrious and more challenging areas of the north west. At the end of each day the local Greggs comes and delivers all the unsold food

Holy shit that’d better go straight to the top of the Register of Members’ Interests.

BTW Greggs P7 is the nuts!

mikey3
    Free Member

I’m still mourning the loss of the vegetable bake,just went overnight,no goodbye,postcard,nothing.

Drac

It’s Friday and some numpties at work just moved the meeting to 5.30pm …and I have to be there.

chewkw
    Free Member

“I don’t care” 👆😄

P-Jay
    Free Member

I don’t know all the details, but Stormzy is a decent bloke who does a lot for others.

Anyway, it’s not like a Nandos black card, it only offers him delivery globally, he probably still has to pay for it 😉

PrinceJohn

It’s Friday and some numpties at work just moved the meeting to 5.30pm …and I have to be there

Oh hello karma!

grtdkad

As Binners says

grtdkad

…and the Greggs / Fenwicks Christmas window – simple but clever:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/greggs-backwards-sign-fenwicks-window-15366646

kelvin

Hungy now!

martinhutch

Err, whut?

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/feb/19/victorias-secret-under-fire-after-store-dumps-hundreds-of-bras-in-bin

Think of how many homeless people could have benefited from a diamante thong.

tomhoward

Think of how many homeless people could have benefited from a diamante thong.

Ah. So you weren’t suggesting that you wanted to see kids in lingerie then? Cos, well, kinda sounded that way…

leffeboy

That x million.  You have to have the product as well but that is genius

Drac

So you weren’t suggesting that you wanted to see kids in lingerie then? Cos, well, kinda sounded that way…

Maybe just the homeless ones?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Has Chewk just said that
    A) Stormzy isn’t a real person
    B) Stormzy belongs to a group of people who eat a lot of McDonalds and KFC

?

Cos, I know racism is OK again generally in 2020, but I thought we were bucking that trend here.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Cos, I know racism is OK again generally in 2020

Don’t think liking McD, Greggs etc is a racial thing.

Unless you meant beigist against beige ‘food’?

Drac

Cos, I know racism is OK again generally in 2020, but I thought we were bucking that trend here.

You’re going to have to explain how that one is racist as I’ve no idea there was only one race who eat fast food?

v8ninety

So someone who can afford it gets loads of free food.

Welcome to capitalism, where if you are rich enough, you get EVERYTHING for free.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

OK, Chewk says this

and we’re talking about Stormzy who is intrinsically linked to promoting an urban black viewpoint.

These two together link to the whole black people and fried chicken trope.

And this isn’t something I’ve just conjoured up – he took the time to write that out.

Drac

Wow! That’s some tedious link.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Greggs Concierge’ is closed to new replies.