Home Forums Chat Forum Great names for pets

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 150 total)
  • Great names for pets
    Ewan
    Free Member

My cat is called Megatron which is a strong name.

temudgin

Many years ago we had a black cat that had a very small patch of white fur just beneath her nose. We called her Charlie.

franksinatra

We had a goldfish called Longpoo, because it often had a long poo trailing out of its arse

I know they are not pets but a few years ago there was an article on the news about a couple of vultures that had escaped from a wildlife park. They were called Vomit and Satan. 

wbo
    Free Member

Erik the cat

Previously had a siamese called Antonio Banderas by the ex

fazzini

We used to have a sausage dog draught excluder. He was called Derek Nimrod The Dog.

If I ever become not allergic to everything, and we happen to get a dog, he’s getting called Derek Nimrod. 😁

Bunnyhop

All our pets had normal names:
    Tortoise – Beano
    Two guinea pigs – Tao and Snooby
    Hamster – Dizzy
    Cat – Puss
    Horse – Sally (dreadful name)

johndoh
    Free Member

A good friend has two dogs – the first is a cocker spaniel called Jarvis and the the other is a sausage dog called Richmond.

petevanhalen
    Free Member

My two black labs, Biscuit and Leonard. Biscuit was potentially going to be called princess strawberry by our 5 year old, but that got nixed sharpish.  Good fun shouting biscuit at the local dog walk routes and seeing lots of ears perk up :)

Leonard came to us as Lenny, with suspicions that the previous owner was a bit of a racist dickhead. So either Len or Leonard. Both sorely missed. Apparently my next dog isn’t allowed to be called Christopher or Simon, as it’s weird…

ossify

We had a pigeon with a broken wing and called it Puku because that’s all it did: poo and coo.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

One our old cats was called Jeffrey. We adopted him when he was a kitten and he’d already been given the name – we thought it was cool so he kept it.

Our dog is named after a village on the Isle of Wight – Afton.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

My brother has 2 guinea pigs named after serial killers… Bundy and Gacey (?)

mildbore

Had a cat called Cooking Fat in the 70s. Then a hyperactive dog called Zuma 

daverhp

I was slightly savaged by a neighbour’s dog.

Dog is called Dave. Owner’s name is Dave. My name is Dave.

I told him it would be worth reporting for the amusement of answering the inevitable series of questions. He reckoned I’d just get done for wasting police time and taking the pi$$ out of the constabulary…

binners

That’s a whole world of Daves.

I think World of Daves did a session for Mark Riley on 6 Music last week

dyna-ti

Mate has a golden lab he called Geoffrey. He had a brown dog coat for it.
    He called it Geoffrey because we had a friend called Geoffrey who wore a brown leather jacket and had blond hair.

Sandwich

Current dog is Bodie (yes after him with the Capri, Mrs S has memories).

Previous dog Digby because he was mahoosive

Dog before was Huxley (he had history and was having a second chance in a Brave New World).

Onzadog
    Free Member

I had a lovely German Shepard called Onza. Yes, named after the bike brand. This was back in the 90s.

I don’t suppose anyone is in the least bit surprised about that.

slowoldman

I had a Yorkshire music teacher who called his dog Grieg.

‘cos it used to Peer Gynt Suite.

I’m here all week.

mattyfez

Current dog is Bodie (yes after him with the Capri, Mrs S has memories).

Mines called Bodhi :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjL4-bj04B8

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodhisattva

HarryTuttle

In our house there’s a dog called ‘Goose’….

My wife called the last pair of chickens: ‘Hetty VonSpeaksalot’ and ‘Lottie VonShitsalot’.

grim168
    Free Member

Our chocolate lab who died last year was called Scooby. When I retire next year and get another he’ll be called Scooby two

nstpaul

Girlfriends cat is called Cheeky, I call it Landy cos it’s got such a short wheelbase.

comet

We re-homed a dog called Kaos, we couldn’t bring ourselves to calling “Kaos, come, to me!” She’s now Penny, and as others on here, Penelope, when she’s naughty.

Our mates also re-homed a dog, called by his previous owners Luger when he entered the rescue centre, he’s now Ralph.

We’ve previously re-homed a cat called Badger who didn’t have a black and white stripped face.

Our other dog is George, because it’s a grown up name for a not very grown up dog.

therevokid
    Free Member

Mate used to have a retriever called Toe …. oh the fun in the park late of an evening ;)

nuke

Fairly normal names for our pets aside Quincy M.E., the hamster 

wordnumb
    Free Member

Snuffles the magnificent; enslaver of nations, destroyer of worlds, muncher of carrots.

honourablegeorge

I had a trail dog called Earl, loved going biking with me, but he sadly passed away at only four years old.

And then, about a month after he died, I saw this episode of Ted Lasso

zilog6128

A mate at school had a tortoise called Fluffy which always made me chuckle when I went round 😃

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

‘Always’ and ‘forever’.

Though, it’s cool to refer to the pets as ‘the young offenders’.

alwillis

Ours have always been cyclists, so Nino (Schurter) and Eddie (Bossen Hagen) came first. Then came Tony Martin (a black half bengal cat), who became panzerwagon/ panther which became plain old Tank. Still catches me out at the vets when they call Tony!

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 150 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.