Home Forums Chat Forum GPS trackers for dogs?

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • GPS trackers for dogs?
  • benp1

Glotoob AAA Pro with a Red LED

Has held up much better than the NiteIze SpotLit style thing he had, which did manage a couple of quick dunkings but couldn’t cope with a swim

benp1

That findster things looks interesting, not seen that before

phil5556

I’ve just bought the Vodafone Curve.

The Tractive seems better but at 3x the price subscription & 2x initial purchase price.

I’ve only tested it quickly locally but it seems to work well enough. Alerts when he leaves the home geofence and the real-time tracking mode is very accurate, just takes a couple of minutes before updating the fix.

What it doesn’t do, which would be nice but is not the point of the unit, is draw a track on a map. The history is a list of locations that you can click on and it shows the point on a map. If I want to get an actual track of where he’s run then I’ll strap my GPS watch on to his harness.

My plan is to use it on big walks and he can wear it when we’re away in the camper.

(I’m also going to see how I think it will work in the camper as a tracker and maybe get a second one).

RustyNissanPrairie

We have a Karelian Bear Dog. They are hunting dogs from Finland and are let loose in large forested areas to cover large distances hunting independently.

The large Finnish FB group I’m a member of all use Garmin trackers, pricey though.

redwoods
    Free Member

We have a Tractive GPS. Can share a link for 15% off if you think you might want one.

We bought ours after our dog took off after some deer a couple of years back and had no idea where she was. It was only thanks to a dog walking stranger who picked her up, that we ever got her back. She’s never done anything like it since, but it’s worthwhile peace of mind for us. See so many stories of dogs going missing in the Peak District.

It’s pretty good, we only occasionally have issues with it being unable to connect but I think in the event that your dog goes missing and travels a distance we’d be able to roughly pinpoint where she was again.

footflaps

We bought ours after our dog took off after some deer a couple of years back and had no idea where she was.

My brothers whippet did this and has been living wild in Epping Forest for over 10 weeks. They are attempting to trap her as she’s gone totally native and even though he’s seen her a few feet away, she just runs off back into the forest. Quite impressive she survived all the sub zero nights, she was really skinny before she ran off.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘GPS trackers for dogs?’ is closed to new replies.