Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Good news everyone
  • Flaperon

Steve Wright is to be pensioned off, with the slot taken over by Scott Mills.

Please for all that’s precious in this world let him take his fake applause and “no g” bollocks with him.

Sara Cox comes on an hour earlier. Good presenter but music choice is limited to disco tracks released between 1986 and 1989. And I thought my Spotify playlists were short.

the-muffin-man

Good news indeed! I like Scott Mills.

Shame there’s no announcement that Zoe Ball is being moved to a midnight slot!

lister

Yes! An odious man who out stayed his welcome by about 30 years.

martinhutch

Serious Sackin’

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Great news! But Scott Mills? He’s bloody awful.

jamiemcf

Maybe a petition to get Keavney back on the air?

zippykona

Other stations are available.

halifaxpete

Finally! Usually flip over to Mills on R1, 6music or spotify in the afternoon.

I like Mills too, though he has different personas between his R1 and R2 slots. I’ll miss his childish R1 features I’ll admit (40y/o man-child)

Dickyboy

At bloody last, just hope he’s not on a final salary pension.

CheesybeanZ

Great news! But Scott Mills? He’s bloody awful.

This x 100 .

w00dster

Aye great news, remember saying how much he annoyed me on here a good few years ago and got a bit of a slating….and please get rid of Sara Cox as well….pretty please!!
    I’ve hardly listened to R2 over the last few years due to Zoe B, Sara C and Steve W.

mrchrist

I don’t even listen to Radio 2 but am pleased to hear that.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I don’t listen to Radio 2 but I will miss Scott Mills on Radio 1. I’m amazed he’s stayed so long given his age but he produces some very high quality fun radio.

Caher

When I was about 10 we won a town radio show competition and the time the town DJs were Mike Read and Steve Wright and went in their show. Mike Read was odious but Steve Wright was genuine and gave us kids a lot of time.
    He’s supposed to be a nice bloke in real life so my Henley mates tell me when he lived there

jamesoz

Great show Steve!

I’m assuming it was ironic.

Nice guy I’m sure, not a fan of his ‘great show’ though.

matt_outandabout

Good. I’ve always found him fake, self-praising and shallow…

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Maybe a petition to get Keavney back on the air?

That would get my backing 👍

Merak

For the love of God make Steve Lamaque next. He’s just painful, he needs putting out of his misery.

RustyNissanPrairie

I finish at 4o’clock on Fridays and have a choice between No’G on R2 or reminiscing about dead people on R4 on the way home.
    Always a great start to the weekend….

Merak

No brainier.

squirrelking
    Free Member

He’s been on that slot since before I left school, in fact my daughter is only 6 years younger than I was when he started there.

I’ll just leave that there.

please get rid of Sara Cox as well….pretty please!!

Oi! Leave her alone!

Spin
    Free Member

The question isn’t why he’s going but how he managed to stay so long. His show was utter shite.

dc1988

I’d happily see Sara Cox leave as well, that would be even better news

Rich_s

Bring back Simon Mayo! 😁

I thought Writey was OK. Not great, but ok. Format was dated for sure.

Biggest issue I have is the interviews they do. They ask some utterly brilliant wide ranging, open questions. Then, before they can reply, follow them with a really pointless, short, closed one.

Have a listen, it’ll drive you nuts.

fasthaggis

I’ve hardly listened to R2 over the last few years due to Zoe B,J.Vine Sara C and Steve W.

Yup.

R2 has its place,which is mostly—->far away from my ears .

jekkyl

Have you guys heard of podcasts and internet radio stations where there’s no presenters at all, just music.

fasthaggis

Well duh,but I am lazy, so often just want to hear some quality human input mixed with my radio music. 😉 😀

stumpyjon

I thought he was Ok, remember him on radio one as a kid, end of an era but on the flip side probably won’t miss him too much. The real kicker is he’s still doing Sunday love songs which is utter bilge.

Coxy is Ok, I like Jo Wiley and Ken Bruce is OK (although the might be due to the fact I only ever hear him when I’m on holiday).

I quite like the 9 to 10 slot weekdays and for my sins Gary Davies sounds of the 80s.

Zoe Ball, I have tried, I really have but no, Claudia Winkleman, NO, Paul O’Grady, Lisa Tarbuck, Rylan, the early slot on a Sunday, dear God it’s like being transported back to the Radio 2 of the last century.

Mind you also listen to Virgin, the presenters don’t have any personality but at least they play more music.

grahamt1980

The jockin thing was enough to drive me into a rage.
    Quite happy he has gone and tagged that awful dated hospital radio show off

funkmasterp

Have you guys heard of podcasts and internet radio stations where there’s no presenters at all, just music.

Spotify albums, playlists and podcasts. I’ve never liked presenters. Shut up and play something FFS 😀

shermer75
    Free Member

Hasn’t he already been replaced by Steven Seagal?

Cougar

Biggest issue I have is the interviews they do. They ask some utterly brilliant wide ranging, open questions. Then, before they can reply, follow them with a really pointless, short, closed one.

See also, Jeremy Vine. I don’t mind him as a presenter and he seems like a decent bloke but his interviewing style drives me insane. They get these experts on to talk about some issue du jour and then go “and what would you say to people who think [something abjectly ludicrous]?” Just once I’d like then to reply “well Jeremy, I’d say they’re bloody idiots.”

jimmy

Steve Wright is to be pensioned off

not quite…

In a statement, Wright added that he was developing other projects with the corporation, including a BBC Sounds spin-off called Serious Jockin’ as well as “exciting new digital programmes and podcasts, which will feature elements of the afternoon show”.

Andy_B

Has anyone else ever thought about Singletrack radio? In my mind it would only run 9 to 5 through the week and be slightly less of a distraction to working than the forum.

Merak

developing other projects with the corporation, including a BBC Sounds spin-off

They said the same about Liz Kershaw when the planners decided her tripe on a Saturday had to go.

Here’s hoping Steve disappears.the way she did. 🤞

pondo

Steve’s afternoon show on R1 back in the day was great – it’s still largely the same show, and that’s some tired old crap. Very little on BBC R1 to 4 for me these days – Mills is dull.

Bunnyhop

If the Beeb get rid of Ken I will be properly upset. He’s older than Steve Wright and funnier, cleverer, wittyer, uses proper grammar, pronounces schedule properly (its SHED U AL , not SKED U AL) and his pop master is one of the best things on Radio 2.
    Cannot abide no ‘G’. it made me chuckle if Gary Davies sat in for Wrighty and had ‘with a G’ on the slot.

Oi you lot leave the lady DJs alone.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.