Home Forums Bike Forum Gloves

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Gloves
  • k1100t
    Free Member

Went for a trundle this morning, while it was beautiful out, it was colder than anticipated; to the point where my pinkies still haven’t fully recovered. So it looks like my old Spesh Spring/Autumn gloves need replacing with something a touch warmer/windproofer. Has anyone thoughts on the Endura Dexter, or any other recommendations?

jb72
    Free Member

They’re my current colder weather glove – recommended.

vincienup
    Free Member

I like Dexter’s but I wouldn’t be wearing them this time of year.  Still at ‘full monty’/‘mt500’ weather in my book…

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Defeet Dura gloves for me.  I carry a spare pair in my bag and will double up when it gets colder.  I rarely need to use my Sealskinz unless it’s wet and cold.

k1100t
    Free Member

Thanks all. @stevenmenmuir how windproof are the DeFeet Dura Gloves? The pictures make them look like they’re just a thin knitted material…

nedrapier

dexters look good. I’ve got some lighter ones 5-0 degrees and some heavier ones freezing and below, so I’m sort of covered already.

Mainly writing to say that’s lovely photo!

DezB
    Free Member

Yep, lovely photo.

I have to say Dexters are the most useless gloves I own, but I seem to be in the minority. The fingers are too skinny and they aren’t at all windproof.

100% Briskers are usually voted as pre-winter gloves on here, and though they have the temperature control about right, the lack of any sort of snot-wipe counts them out for me.

(Briskers in mad colours are cheap on CRC at the mo)

medoramas
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at Endura Singletrack Windproof gloves after today’s commute in summer version of the ST’s. They seem to be a good “before Aldi gloves” option!

Joe

Sportful Sotto Zero are the dogs danglies.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

They’re not windproof.  However I’ve never found this to be a problem, I like the simplicity of them, they fit great and are unobtrusive.  I will say that I run warm and can make do with these when others will be putting on much thicker gloves.  Like I said, if my hands are a bit cold I’ll put on a second pair and they still don’t feel bulky.

oikeith

I really like the 100% cold weather brisker glove, nicely padded top to keep the cold at bay but think palms so can still feel the bars, shift and brake, about £20 a pair too.

thepurist

Any of these gloves have decent windproofing on the front of the thumb?  I’ve got a couple of pairs for cold days  where my fingers are fine but the pad of my thumbs is raw by the time I get to work.

k1100t
    Free Member

So I bought a pair of the 100% Brisker gloves and tried them out on this mornings ride. They felt a tad cold when I left the house, with my pinkies getting the worst of it. After about 40 mins or so, my hands and pinkies especially, felt fine. At one point, I thought they were getting a bit warm, but the constant in and out of shade, plus the extra wind on the descents, kept my hands at a nice temperature.

Not sure they’d be much cop at, or around zero, but for 5 – 6°C, they’re fine.

DezB
    Free Member

Nice one, yeah my Briskers were in the wash, so I wore the Dexters this morning. I actually couldn’t log in  to my computer when I arrived at work – my fingers were too cold to type! They are crap. Not even comfortable so they are going in the bin tonight so I can’t forget again. Cheap Briskers will be purchased :-)

Luckily still have Sombrio Shinny for when it gets colder. Don’t make em anymore though :-(

Kryton57

Galibier Barriers are very good indeed:  https://galibier.cc/product/barrier-black/.

They do leave a small hole where the Velcro overlaps which bothers some but not me personally – I’m guessing the new November model will change that.

bigblackshed

Endura Windchill for cold autumn mornings, then into full time gloves for November early December. Then it’s proper winter gloves with long cuffs that go up inside a jacket. I hate the gap in the cold.

I’d rather have hands that are too warm than too cold.

theboyneeds
    Free Member

I got a pair if these from Sports Pursuit last year. They great but I’m not sure I’d pay full price:

http://Sugoi RS Zero Winter Cycling Gloves – Black, X-Small https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CU8A7D0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_p8JSBbJCY9TP9

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Gloves’ is closed to new replies.