Home Forums Chat Forum Full Fat Friday – interesting new experiences edition

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Full Fat Friday – interesting new experiences edition
  • binners

Mornign all.

It’s that time of the week again. The day where calories don’t count.

Today, as I’m working in one of the epicentres of pie culture. Bolton – I have been informed of a rare and mythical thing… a pie I haven’t tried yet.

When someone told me about it I thought it was a wind up, but it would appear that its real

So I shall shortly be sampling the most double-carb-tastic thing short of a Wigan kebab….

The Greenhalghs Lasagne Pie

I’ll keep you posted on the results

What are you lot having then? Let’s have it….

rogermoore

Had a Double Sauasage & Egg McMuffin at 10 past 7 – kinda ready for another.
    RM.

slowoldman

The Greenhalghs Lasagne Pie

…and only 7.3% fat. You’ll need chips with that.

tomhoward

The sandwich shop by where I used to work does lasagne pies, as well as carbonara ones (Wedges on cold bath road in Harrogate, if anyone is interested) One reason to miss working there, they were lush.

I’ve nothing to add to today’s fun. I’ve given up mixing with the great unwashed for a while, so ham cheese and pickle butties for me.

bearnecessities

The cafe in Wensleydale Creamery serves an incredible macaroni cheese sandwich.

lunge

I think I’m going to go some for filth and a pint at ‘Spoons.
    “Gourmet” burger, onion rings, pint of Butty Bach, lovely.

MoreCashThanDash

The discovery that the tenner in my wallet was actually a twenty led me to indulge in a Costa Breakfast Wrap this morning. Much nicer than the McDonald’s alternative, as was the flat white, worth the 50% extra.

Chippy tea tonight. Healthy sandwich for lunch but may succumb in the meantime…

jimdubleyou

Can’t have lunch today as I’ll have a dentist probing my molars…

So I’ve just made myself a massive cheesy omelette on toast. It was lovely.

jimmy

Lasagne Pie has been a trail snack of choice from Forsyth’s Butchers in Peebles. Just brilliant. Or Macaroni Cheese Pies for a veggie option. Also, brilliant.

cinnamon_girl

Elasticated Waist Friday binners? Interesting pie that, followed by a cronut?

One crumpet with non-dairy butter here.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Coronation chicken salad sub roll for me friday bun. I know, salad, WTAF.

timidwheeler

Parbaked roll. With the ham and cheese added before baking. Served with a side of Worcestershire french fries.
    #michelinstar

null

edhornby

You lads are all clearly mourning the loss of Michel Roux

: )

matt_outandabout

A blooming huge “Duke of Cambridge scone”. Strawberry, raspberry, white chocolate scone. Served in a nice cafe in St Andrews. In the sun.

*Burp*

binners

Massive thumbs up for the lasagne pie! All the lasagne ingredients, except the pasta replaced by pastry. Does that count as ‘fusion’ food? :D

pondo

WFH, finished off the open packet of bacon, now about to finish off a tub of Ben And Jerry’s. :)

perchypanther
    Free Member

At the risk of being controversial, is that a real pie if it doesn’t have a pastry lid?

jimdubleyou

Massive thumbs up for the lasagne pie! All the lasagne ingredients, except the pasta replaced by pastry. Does that count as ‘fusion’ food?

Well now I want one of those. And (perhaps not strangely) Pastel de Nata for pudding.

binners

At the risk of being controversial, is that a real pie if doesn’t have a passtry lid?

It is the yin to your casserole-with-a-lid yang. Surely it represents pie-based spiritual equilibrium?

perchypanther
    Free Member

It is the yin to your casserole-with-a-lid yang. Surely it represents pie-based spiritual equilibrium?

They’re either both pies or they’re both not.

Which is it?

binners

Schrödinger’s pie?

honeybadgerx

They’re either both pies or they’re both not.

Which is it?

Unless they’re from Schrödinger’s the family butchers.

EDIT: Dammit.

jca

You need to come to Scotland for our finest macaroni cheese pies…
    mmmmm......

tomhoward

Massive thumbs up for the lasagne pie! All the lasagne ingredients, except the pasta replaced by pastry.

No pasta? So not lasagne? My one, mentioned above, had pasta ribbons in it. 😋 mmm

MoreCashThanDash

We have pies with no kids and lasagna with no pasta?

The world’s gone mad!

binners

Tom – One sheet of pasta as a lid, thus completing the full encasing of the contents and therefore most definitely A PIE! :D

That macaroni cheese pie looks awesome!

perchypanther
    Free Member

One sheet of pasta as a lid, thus completing the full encasing of the contents and therefore most definitely A PIE!

By that rationale, ravioli is lots of little pies.

Clearly bollocks.

Macaroni pies are awesome. ( note: lack of pastry lid)

binners

I was going to say that being encased in pastry, bar the lid, is most definitely a pie, but then that would make a quiche a pie. And it’s not a pie, it’s a quiche.

I’ve never felt so confused. I feel like i’ve had the rug pulled out from underneath me and everything I believe in fundamentally undermined.

Curse you PP and the pastry-based conundrums!!!

duncancallum

Macaroni pie

Lasagna pie

And the curry pie. All staple food north of the border.

Could murder a birdie

perchypanther
    Free Member

Could murder a birdie

You are Sylvester and I claim my five pounds

cb
    Free Member

Today was Lamb curry pie with onion, pea and mint bhaji! Our new favourite pub!

Washed down with a pint of Landlord. Very productive afternoon…

Cougar

Currently eating one of Lancashire’s finest, a Clayton Park butter pie.

If you’re at that Greenhalgh’s, grab a bottle of their spicy vegetable soup. It’s essentially curry soup and it’s amazing.

slowoldman

If we can agree (yes I know, “are you new here”?) that a pie is an enclosed filling then “alternative” casings could be accepted, albeit in some sub-category. That would allow for inclusion of pasta or potato lids amongst others.

singletrackmind

Green Tea Kit-Kats, a few actually . brought back from Japan by my neighbours
    Really nice , but comedic in size, hence eating 3

mogrim

But pastry, by its sheer flakiness is surely less “full fat” than a proper lasagne? So unlike others I had a proper full-fat lasagne for dinner, and it was great.

oldtennisshoes

Surely the pinnacle of savoury baked goods in Bolton is the Carrs Pastie?

THE PERFECT PASTY WITH THE PERFECT PASTRY

You can thank me later

binners

Cheers fella. There’s a place down the road that does Carrs pasties. I shall sample their delights next Friday :)

maccruiskeen

a pie I haven’t tried yet.

you haven’t tried my niece’s Chocolate Cake in a Pie invention. Confusion Cuisine

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Macaroni pie, stuffed inside a buttered roll, with extra cheese. Now yer talking.

Greggs died the day they stopped selling macaroni pies.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Full Fat Friday – interesting new experiences edition’ is closed to new replies.