Home Forums Bike Forum Full (239km) Flanders sportive 2015 – Free transport of small luggage/clothing ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Full (239km) Flanders sportive 2015 – Free transport of small luggage/clothing ?
  • doodlebug
    Free Member

First time doing this and if doing the full ride, they mention a :

“”Free transport of small luggage/clothing
    Departure at Bruges : 8.00
    Stop : from 11.30 until 14.15 at provisions 3
    Oudenaarde : from 15.00″”

I’m catching the Oudenaarde – Brugge shuttle service, can anybody tell me who has done the ride before if this just a matter of taking a small gym bag with warm clothing and food and dropping it at Bruges and later in the day it’s delivered at the finish in Oudenaarde ??
    Is there some sort of van waiting at the shuttle drop off ? I guess you have to make the bag noticeable to yourself ?
    Just wondered …..

bm0p700f
    Free Member

When i did this last year i think you could drop of your luggage in bruge in the morning and it would be there for yiu at the finish. Email the organisers they will clarify. I found them quite helpful. I did not bother with anything i just the full route, drank beer at the end and got the shutle bus Back to brugge. A great day in the saddle. Good luck and i hope its not wet for you.

doodlebug
    Free Member

Thanks “bm0p700f” will drop the organisers a line.

Marge
    Free Member

The idea is that for the folks taking the ultra early shuttle bus from Oudenaarde, that there is a service to carry a small rucksack or similar back to Oudenaarde for you

that way you can wear a jacket / take some food & drink with you etc for the hours between Oudenaarde and Brugge depart

Bags are labelled and transported by a small truck

doodlebug
    Free Member

Cheers for update “Marge”
    Spot on and that’s me sorted now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Full (239km) Flanders sportive 2015 – Free transport of small luggage/clothing ?’ is closed to new replies.