Home Forums Bike Forum Front tyre, dh bike….

• This topic has 0 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by pjm7.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Front tyre, dh bike….
  • pjm7
    Free Member

As soon as we’ve had some decent weather I’m losing the front on my YT Tues. It currently has a MM supergravity vertstar on and I have the newer version Addix ultrasoft ready to go on, but would I be better for dry slightly loose conditions considering something else?
    I was thinking Minion Dhf but it looks like the dh specific tyre has a wire bead and I run tubeless…..

stevied
    Free Member

wire bead and I run tubeless…..

I’ve had absolutely no issues with Maxxis DH tyres running tubeless.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Run a doubledown rather than dual ply?

honourablegeorge

Maxxis can be had in DD (Double Defense) also which is the SuperGravity equivalent and has a folding bead

pjm7
    Free Member

Brilliant, thanks for the quick responses I’ll get purchasing!

raybanwomble
    Free Member

If you’re running a 2.35 supergravity, that is your problem. On a DH bike you should be running the dual ply 2.6 ultrasoft. It’s wirebead but mine runs fine with tubeless.

It:s considerably grippier everywhere.

pjm7
    Free Member

^^ thanks raybanwomble, that’s what I’ll do.

orangespyderman

I’ve just bought a dual-ply Maxxis Assegai 2.5 WT for the front of my Tues. Tubeless, folding bead, beefy and looks really promising. Haven’t played with it yet, though…

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

dual ply 2.6 ultrasoft

With a sideknob lifespan literally measured in minutes!😆

geex
    Free Member

2.6s on a DH bike?

Are you taking it down the beach to see the subs and get an icecream/chups?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

2.6 on a dh bike?

edit: kind of along the.lines of Geex

SirHC

I’d be fitting an Assegai for this time of year, like a mary but will last longer and grip just as much.

pjm7
    Free Member

Fitted a dh supertacky minion, no issues mounting tubeless, it’s a 2.5″ width, but doesn’t look any wider than the 2.35 MM to me. gripped well at stile cop on Tuesday and didn’t explode when landing from the bottom black drop or the table top on ridge run.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Front tyre, dh bike….’ is closed to new replies.