Home Forums Bike Forum Formula brake bleed question…..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Formula brake bleed question…..
  • proberts
    Free Member

Hi All,
    I’ve just got some very nice formula The One brakes, when I got them they worked ok but I suspected they needed a bleed and I also wanted to trim the cables down to fit my frame.
    So, I got a bleed kit and some new pads, trimmed the hoses and bled the brakes…the front is now AWSOME!…but the rear isn’t great, it’s good it’s just got like the front.
    When I’ve got my syringes attached at either end of the rear, I can push fluid through from the caliper end but I can’t get the fluid to go back when pushing from the lever end, even when I’m also pulling the caliper syringe…I’ve followed the formula instructions to the tee a good few times now

Any ideas?

Cheers, Paul

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Hey Paul, you shouldn’t actually have to move fluid from the lever back to the calliper. My advice would be to follow the Avid bleed procedure video on YouTube, this procedure can be used for Formula too.

anoriginalname
    Free Member

I’ve never been able to get my rear formula the one bled quite as well as the front. It always ends up very slightly spongier than the front. I always assumed it was because of the longer hose.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Formula brake bleed question…..’ is closed to new replies.