Home Forums Chat Forum Forget ‘Big Cat Sightings’ I saw this near the carpark today

• This topic has 35 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Ro5ey.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Forget ‘Big Cat Sightings’ I saw this near the carpark today
    WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

No, it is not a baby robin

stingmered

Love an Emu

hightensionline

Quite often see similar peacocking in the car park from Santa Cruz riding types.

crazy-legs

Many years ago, driving up to Glentress with a mate in my Citroen Berlingo van, on a back road not far from Glentress we saw a sign saying “Caution, Peacocks”.

Hmm, whatever. Next bend in the road and right in front of us was this sodding massive peacock, tail all over the road. It got airborne just quick enough to slide up the bonnet, up the windscreen and over the roof of the van.

Very near miss! It had come from some stately home just off the road at that point.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

They make a hell of a noise.
    Good eating though apparently.

MoreCashThanDash

We have a few at a property in the village – sadly near the main crossroads, which causes a few problems.

They also take over your garden if you are unlucky

mattyfez

Nice catch! I’ve not eaten a ‘Disco Chicken’ for a long time!

Bon appetite!

kormoran
    Free Member

My grandad had one turn up in his garden when we were kids, mid late 70s. It seemed to like his chickens so hung out with them, pecking about and the like. God knows where it came from it just appeared and stayed. Now and again it got up on the ridge of the house and honked away like a bloody klaxon, all afternoon and into the evening. This was all fine and normal apart from the fact that grandad lived in a terraced house in London.

Neighbors went ballistic but he just shrugged his shoulders!

slowoldman

We used to have a few wandering around by us. They were causing some issues so were rounded up and shipped out. There is one remaining lonely male we see now and then.

kayak23

There’s a place near me has a few knocking about. A white one too.
    Pretty rad.

welshfarmer

If you ever ride Dirt Farm (Black Mountains Cycle Centre) you need to be ready for them!

zippykona

I saw a peacock outside Geoffrey Butlers in Croydon early one Sunday morning.

CountZero

There’s a bunch of them belong to Corsham Court, a big house in the town that has a lot of parkland that extends almost as far as Chippenham, and the noisy buggers swan around town as if they own the place. A few people have suffered damage to their cars because the stupid birds see their own reflection and start attacking it. Robins do the same, but they’re a fraction of the size.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

My in laws live in Corsham, witnessed the peacocks parading down the high street(?) last Christmas.

thols2

I was expecting a photo of one of those enormous turds you sometimes find in the woods and feel alarmed because there’s no possible way a human could have squeezed that out, but then you get a bit further along and see the likely culprit and realize that humans come in a wide range of shapes and sizes.

martymac

We have peacocks in dunfermline.
    they are free to roam the park and occasionally head up the town to look at their reflection in the shop windows.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Robins do the same, but they’re a fraction of the size.

But Robins are lethal, they’re like winged piranha, they’re the avian equivalent of cookie cutter sharks and those things eat submarines.

peterno51

I was expecting a photo of one of those enormous turds you sometimes find in the woods and feel alarmed because there’s no possible way a human could have squeezed that out

that reminds me of the video from Bath Spa uni..

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

enormous turds

that reminds me of the… Bath Spa

🤢🤮🤢

sirromj

Their droppings are dark green brown and stain carpet.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

There is a Disco Chicken that struts proudly about near my local train station, commuter belt Essex.

He’ll walk straight out into the road taking his time, he is just about the only thing to stop and slow all the 4x4s.

Good on him

Luckily he roosts far enough way we don’t hear him, but a pal does and curses him.

krixmeister

In my hometown in the US they are in a few neighborhoods, roosting on house roofs, etc. Lovely to look at, noisy AF, and have heard from folks living there that their claws (feet?) will do a right number on the paint of your car.

Harry_the_Spider

I want to see one now just so that I can call it a “Disco Chicken”!

desperatebicycle

My garden a few years ago.
    Eggs were all proper “off”. But she still came looking for me when I threw them away. Was scary. 😳

stingmered

<p style=”text-align: right;”>I didn’t know you could eat them… very interesting… stands to reason I guess. For those that have what do they taste  like? I imagine a bit gamey like pheasant. A neighbour has a few on his small holding. Generally ok but they do make a racket from time to time.</p>

prawny

I came out of my garage to one at the end of my drive a few years ago before a morning ride. Was a bit of a shock, I don’t live in the most peacock worthy part of the Cannock Chase area. No idea where it came from, but didn’t see it again, the chase beast must’ve had it.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Big Cat Sightings?

Where? 😉

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

perchypanther
    Free Member

Ho li crap

I thought you were just a hoax these days.

llama

The babies should be are called chickpeas

IdleJon

I once ran over a male peacock’s tail on my poorly maintained 10sp Raleigh racer. The brakes barely worked, the peacock was in the middle of the lane, it was a choice of hitting the bird full-on or going over the tail feathers. I didn’t stop, as I didn’t fancy my chances against an enraged disco chicken, so I’ll never know how much chance it ever had of pulling a peahen again, with it’s demolished tail display.

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

>I saw a peacock outside Geoffrey Butlers in Croydon early one Sunday morning.</span>

Probably wandered down from Whitgift the public school just up the road

chevychase

My missus wants peacocks.

I’ve got enough noise between the chickens, guinea fowl and geese.    Having something honking at me from the roof of the house all day that I’d apparently not be allowed to eat is just a no-no.

footflaps

commuter belt Essex.

Not Stansted Mountfitchet? Seen a few on the high street there!

tall_martin

I had one thunder down the road from behind me when I was at high school. Thinks I was not expecting- the slapping of massive feet as it pegged it down the street.

I lived in suburban Edinburgh ( Portobello). It came and hung out on a row of houses for a month or so.

The rspb tried to catch it repeatedly. It kept jumping fences and they had to ask each house for permission to chase it.

The word on the street was a fox got it in the end. 😭

I asked my students about their pets one day. Cats, dogs, fish and one girl had a couple of peacocks! This was suburban Nottingham, so no idea how much space they had.

a11y

We have peacocks in dunfermline.
    they are free to roam the park and occasionally head up the town to look at their reflection in the shop windows.

F-in-L used to tease our kids that peacock was on the menu at the Royal Bengal just on the edge of the park.

And sad story, but one of the peacocks being named ‘Malcolm’ makes me smile – https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-61674440

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Stansted Mountfitchet ?? Essex ??  thats’ Herts if not Cambs innit??

Nah propa Essex mate …. Sunny Bwood …. Where the girls a orange, the cars white and the Chickens look like they’re just back from Marbs

lol

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.