Home Forums Chat Forum Forerunner 245 music. Real world reviews

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Forerunner 245 music. Real world reviews
  • feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

Anyone got one? Looking to replace an old Suunto which is gradually dying.
    What the is the battery life like real world, GPS and music and GPS only?
    The reality is I’d only use the GPS and Music on shorter rides/runs. Longer days I’d have my phone with me and can use that for music.

Also is there anything you dislike about it.

Any real world reviews welcomed

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Battery life will be as advertised, to be fair to Garmin they don’t over egg it. Music will eat the battery, but if you’re only doing short stuff that’s not an issue.

Haven’t had a forerunner, but have had a vivoactive, VA3, VA4 and now instinct solar, they’ve all been excellent.

chrisyork

Sorry not the same watch but I’ve recently upgraded my Polar M400 for a Garmin Vivoactive 4. Very impressed with features, battery life and the looks of it.
    Best thing is on a night I can turn it off, while everyone at work has gone with Apple watches I really didn’t want to be charging it as often as my phone and quite a few have said they think mine’s got more features than theirs so glad I went for it.

So I reckon the forerunner will likely just be an improvement on that

Pieface

I have the regular 245 and it does everything I need, battery life is good, can probably track a run of 24hrs plus if you play around with the settings. Very good apart from mine has frozen occasionally, which if you notice straight away is fixed with a hard restart, but the other week it took me an hour to notice so messed up my Strava. This has happened about 5 times in the last year.

neila

I have one and it’s been spot on. Originally upgraded from a 45 as I was upping the running miles while training for a half marathon and wanted to have music, I don’t run with my phone as I hate carrying it. The half didn’t happen due to Covid and a knackered knee but the 245 is pretty much my everyday watch now. Battery life is as advertised, uploading music is easy. Use it for walking, heart rate to a 530 during rides and during Tacx turbo sessions to an iPad. Satellite lock on is very quick. I doubt you’ll be disappointed. Check the DCRainmaker review.

speed12
    Free Member

I have one and really like it – battery life is surprisingly good; as mentioned it on iously drains faster when listening to music and/or using GPS, but even then it’s really good. From a full charge, a 2.5hr run listening to music will still have maybe 25-30% left at the end?

It’s really convenient to have music/podcasts without having to carry or operate it from your phone.

Bream
    Free Member

I have a 945 and I loved it so much I bought the wife a 245 music for her birthday, and she now loves hers. The DCRainmaker review is accurate and it’s a great watch, wouldn’t hesitate to recommend and buy again.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I find it ok but the menu’s/button operation is not simplistic in operation.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Forerunner 245 music. Real world reviews’ is closed to new replies.