Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • FOD Help and suggestions…
  • Dannyp
    Free Member

After a bit of advice and some recommendations as Ive got a few days off next month and fancy a couple of days riding the Forest of Dean trails/DH’s. Most things I have heard and read about the area are positive and sounds like the perfect place to just sort of have a razz around!

My loose plan was to head down on Friday 17th and possibly book on the uplift then stop at a localish B&B or even better a pub, then ride the xc and Verdiners(?) trail the next day before heading home.

Anyone have any other ideas or recommend a good place to stop?

Also wondering which bike to take…XC(ish)456C, razzing hardtail Charge Blender or DH(lite) Scott Voltage FR?

Any help and ideas appreciated guys

grum
    Free Member

We stayed here – pretty old school but not too far from the trails, decent value and in a nice little village with steam railway stop. 🙂

http://www.smoothhound.co.uk/hotels/fount.html

FOD DH trails are great – nothing scary just good fun. The uplift service is very good too. You’d be fine on the DH trails on any of those bikes but the Scott would be most fun I suspect.

Verderers trail was alright, nothing special but quite enjoyable for an easy blast.

amt27
    Free Member

yep Fountain is your best bet, there is a family cycle path to and from the trail centre from there, also Dean Forest Cycle is a couple of hundred yards from the Fountain if you need any supplies,

Dannyp
    Free Member

Yeah seen the Fountain, it looks a nice enough place. Would it be worth stopping further away for a bit of nightlife on the Friday night as I presume the fountain is a very sleepy little boozer?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘FOD Help and suggestions…’ is closed to new replies.