Home Forums Bike Forum Fareham mtb routes

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Fareham mtb routes
  • tom199
    Free Member

I work in Fareham but don’t live around here so am not sure of what the local area has to offer mtb wise. Anyone recommend any routes close by for a couple of hour evening ride or better still anyone that regularly rides around this way and could show me around?

scottfitz
    Free Member

Not to much riding round Fareham its self but if riding from Fareham head north to boarhunt/West walk. But the best MTB in the are will be found by jumping in a car for a bit.

We ride QECP(18mins away)or Kingly vale(25mins away) every Wednesday night. Tonight is KV if you fancy it 😉
    Rides posted here:
    Kingleyvalemontainbikers.ning.com

or the Lordwood’s boys ride there every Thursday night (22mins away)
    They post on here.

tom199
    Free Member

Cheers for the info. I live near Lordswood and have also been to qecp a couple of times so am familiar with those. Just wondered if there was anything ridable from work.
    I will keep an eye out for the rides posted on that club website and pop down, would be good to ride with a different group

scottfitz
    Free Member

Kingly vale area has some great riding. Part of our XC loop: http://www.ibikeride.com/england/1627-stoughton-downhill-mountain-bike-trails

tom199
    Free Member

That place looks good, do you ride that as part of your Wednesday evening ride?

scottfitz
    Free Member

Yep will be riding through there to night, standard ride: http://app.strava.com/activities/72958749

lucien

SDW is pretty much on the doorstep if you don’t mind a bit of navigation? Get in quick before the weather changes, as it gets interesting in parts once it gets wet.

DezB
    Free Member

Footpaths over flat fields is about all Fareham can offer you.

I commute over that way, and it’s ok in the dry on my cross bike. That’s about it really.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I had a bit of a look around the Meon Valley a couple of times but did n’t find much

DezB
    Free Member

The East Meon one (not the Meon Valley one!) HERE is quite good. Over Butser Hill way.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Erm..

There are lots of trails, trail I use all the time.. Ok you do have to seek them out but hey that’s the fun..

Soooo… without pointing out the QECP/Lordswood rides, heres mine.

Take the route down to Alverbank onto the Solent and ride along the seafront until you hit the otherside of the Meon Bird sanctuary, head along Chilling Cliffs towards Solent Breezes Park and head along to Warsash along the coastal path, head north along the Hamble River keepin gthe Marinas on your right/river on your left, cut through Universal marina and onto the rest of the coastal path – going this way opens up the woods on the right – keep heading north up the river over the main A27 through a gap in the fence and a couple of houses (bridlway) and head towards the Old Brickworks, over the bridge, down the footpath onto the bridleway that takes you all the way upto the woods which cross the road – Botley Woods – head along the river through the path and come to the pub at the end, head south along the road for about 50mtrs and turn left into Botley Woods, follow trials that will/can take you all over the woods and enjoy, either head off towards Wickham or Fareham via the disused railway(s) and home..

Just one of the many varied rides you can have. If I was there you would be more than welcome to join me on a rideout but I’m not there for another few weeks yet.

If you roadie, head into the Downs around the many lanes Boarhunt/Old Winchester Hill and back etc.

failing all that call David Palk from Fareham Wheelers who run MTB rides Tues/Thurs/Sat and Sun.. G’teed to meet like minded fun.

HTH

40mpg

I work in Segensworth but haven’t been mountain biking in the area. There used to be quite an active group riding from Fareham/Whitely – I think the Meon Valley Mountain Bike Club?

No idea if they are still around though.

Newforce[/url] often have evening and weekend rides in the area – Bishops Waltham is quite a regular start point.

Edit – found them Meon Valley MTB[/url]

Double Edit – Mountain Bike Trails Around Swanmore[/url]

tom199
    Free Member

thanks for all the info guys. I’ll keep an eye out on the calendars of both of those clubs for rides coming up. Just ordered some lights so will start checking out some of the routes.

bikebouy- let me know when you are around, would be good to go for a ride.

Likewise if anyone else is local and thinking of an evening ride just let me know.

arj256
    Free Member

Every Tuesday night from Wallington Village Hall there is a Fareham Wheelers Mountain bike ride:

http://www.fareham-wheelers.org.uk/mtb.shtml

There is also a Gosport Clarion MTB Ride on a Sunday Evening also:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GosportClarionCyclingClub/

Both of those cover the local area

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I found this about Hampshire on a previous thread. might help
    http://www.hants.gov.uk/rh/row/maps/definitive-maps.pdf

hammyuk
    Free Member

Alver Valley is a cheeky little area that can keep you going for a while – especially once you pop over into the military area – trails, duckboards, bomb holes, etc. Keep an eye out for runners – lots of VERY attractive ladies in tight leggings to distract your attention…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Fareham mtb routes’ is closed to new replies.