Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Fancy winning some nice framed, cycling-themed artwork? #Jennride
  • binners

…and raising some money for charidee?

Sunday would have been the Lancs Road Club annual Rake Hillclimb.

Every year we’d be at the top of the climb cheering on the nutters who raced, but we’d also use the opportunity to raffle off some nice framed cycling-themed artwork to raise some money for a worthy charity. This year it’ll be one of Jenns charities – St Gemma’s Hospice

This year, for obvious reasons, the event won’t be going ahead, but we thought that was no reason not to carry on the fundraising. So if you make a donation to St Gemma’s then your name will be going into the hat to win a 30 x 40cm framed, limited edition print of the Rake Tour of Britain design.

Like this:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hbNhN7]The Rake Tour of Britain[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

you can donate here

http://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/adamrowlinsondesigns

We’ll be drawing the winner at 8pm on Sunday 11th October

Don’t forget to put your name with your donation so it can go into the draw

Good luck

#Jennride

Underhill
    Free Member

Done. Hope you raise all and more

frankconway

Also done.

cvilla

Done, all the best.
    C

orangespyderman

Done – great idea.

singletrackmind

Done, nice one.
    And thank you

sadexpunk

also done earlier….

binners

Bumpety bump for the Sunday crowd

And thank you for your kind donations, everyone. They’re very generous. Charities are really struggling at the moment, especially smaller ones

There’s still time to get on board, make a donation, and have a chance of winning some lovely framed artwork. I’ll be putting all the names in a hat at 8 pm this evening and getting my glamorous assistant, Mrs Binners, to do the honours

Typically, it’s a beautiful day, so in a normal year, we’d be doing this 🙁

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2bPJfed]Nobheads on e-bikes[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’ll be putting all the names in a hat at 8 pm this evening and getting my glamorous assistant, Mrs Binners, to do the honours

There will, of course, be live streaming of the event?  You have plenty of time to get dressed and look respectable😀

Kuco

Done

reluctantjumper

Done, paid the costs too so more goes to the Hospice.

binners

Thanks again for your kind donations all.

I’m just sorting all the names out now. I’ve got a couple of anonymous donations. I can understand if you did it to preserve your James Bond-esque air of mystery, but if you just forgot to add your name, if you want to message me I’ll pop your name in for later

Thanks again

vondally
    Free Member

Done.

alwillis

Done.

tazzymtb

its a lovely idea. done.

binners

Thanks everyone. We’re on £310.

We’ve still got just over an hour left before Mrs Binners does the honours.

They’ve finished building the set, the red carpet is being rolled out and she’s just putting her best glittery dress on. As am I.

binners

binners

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.

*drumroll*……

Dave Brierly

If you’re reading this Dave, do you want to message me and we’ll arrange getting your artwork to you

Thank you so much to everyone who so kindly donated. You raised £315 for St Gemmas Hospice

Well done all!

sadexpunk

ooooh tis me, thats lovely, thanks adam, ive pm’d you 🙂

binners

Brilliant!!

Here’s the evidence. My glamorous assistant decide to film some old bald fat bloke doing the draw instead

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jSiY5r]Draw for the Rake picture[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

Thanks again everyone

binners

Just an update. A forum regular – I’ll spare his blushes and not name him – has just been incredibly generous and offered to top our total up to £500.

I’ll be sending him a print as well as a huge thank you for such a lovely, kind gesture. But thanks everyone for your generosity. It’s a very worthwhile cause.

frankconway

binners – well done for organising and chapeau to the un-named donor.

binners

Morning All

I thought I’d pop back on the thread as I’ve just received a certificate on behalf of us all from St Gemmas Hospice and a lovely hand-written letter thanking us for the £600 ended up raising. Obviously, this is an incredibly difficult time for the hospice and they were genuinely thankful for the donation

So thank you once again to everyone who kindly donated. Sadexpunk has got his print and sent me a piccie of it up on the wall. There’s another forum member who’ll be getting a big framed print too (he knows who he is) but as he lives not far from my folks I’m going to wait until we’re out of lockdown and drop it off in person.

Thanks again, everyone. This place is just ace!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2k8SsNZ]Thanks everyone![/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2k8Nsbk]Hospice[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

MoreCashThanDash

Great work binners, and everyone who pitched in

cyclistm
    Free Member

Awesome. Well done binners

tazzymtb

sometimes this place is ace, and folks are suprisingly fab. well done binners, i thought it was all a ruse to buy shares in a pie and sausage roll chain

Cougar

Well done mate. Sorry I missed this first time around.

ElShalimo

👍

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Fancy winning some nice framed, cycling-themed artwork? #Jennride’ is closed to new replies.