Home Forums Bike Forum Fabio goes big on snow (again)

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Fabio goes big on snow (again)
    matt_outandabout

😯😆😎

kayak23

Saw that earlier.
    He was close to that spiked back tyre a few times! 😳😳😳

Fat-boy-fat

Good to see he’s using a rear mudguard

bigdaddy

Think I’d use a rear mudguard with my ease that close to the spikes! 😳😳

reeksy

IMG_7153Oh, that Fabio … I is disappointed.

escrs
    Free Member

Oh, that Fabio … I is disappointed.

At least there were no bird strikes for Fabio in the video!

kayak23

Good to see him still going strong without Grooverider.

matt_outandabout

Looking at the photo from the YouTube listing, I am now waiting to see my first trail centre dweller with SICK! emblazoned across their left butt cheek.

radbikebro

There was a lot of cool stuff in that video, but I can’t get over the paint job on that bike and the fork – 12 year old me would have killed for something like that!

frogstomp

Wonder if we’ll see him at the inaugural UCI Snowbike World Champs next month? Yes, that’s now a thing..

chrismac

I want to know which run he did because I don’t remember seeing any huge man made drops built onto the piste.

Bunnyhop

I’ve skied some of the Hahnenkamm (many years ago) and the top section is seriously steep.
    Was this done in one take?

willard

Glad he used a mudguard, but I am more conviced than ever that he is trying to get his sponsors to pay for a DIY vasectomy.

40mpg

Wonder if we’ll see him at the inaugural UCI Snowbike World Champs next month?

Those arent snowbikes in Chatel, this is a snowbike in Chatel (where ill be again from Thursday). Am disappointed.

el_boufador

Video was alright but who chooses the music for these? Always cheesy rubbish that detracts (IMO)

desperatebicycle

Incredible – the size of those drops/jumps.. and the speed. Seriously nuts.

monkeyboyjc

Would love to see the condition of the mudguard when he finished filming.
    Is it just me? And I know I’ll prob get some abuse for this but I don’t get excited by these sorts of videos anymore. Impressive riding yes, but just seems to be more of the same. 5 /10/15years ago I’d have been waiting on YT for a vid like this to premier, before that I’d have bought the dvd. I found his day to day vlog stuff much more interesting when he ran his own channel.

I can also confirm I’ve reached grumpy middle age as terrible fashion from my youth has become trendy again.

supernova

That was ace.

johnx2
    Free Member

It was. Wombats not an obvious choice but hey. The landing at 2:03 gave me mild whiplash just watching

mrchrist

Loved that. The air time is immense. 

tthew

Wombats not an obvious choice but hey. 

It’s a great song, but yeah, well out of context here. 

crab
    Free Member

Holy shiznee I can’t imagine how steep that actually is, it looks bad enough on the video but you know it’ll be a whole lot worse actually being there. Unreal the time he’s in the air for. A million views in one day too. Last big jump looked pretty sketchy on the landing, but the reverse nose manual at the end- absolute class. 

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I personally didn’t rate the vid. He didn’t actually ride a fraction of the race route, and was obvious that it was multiple takes, you couldn’t ride that netting with spikes

Te jumps were very very impressive, but do show how much it’s the bike that lets you get away with it

I didn’t think the speeds were that high well at least not compared to skiers.

sirromj

Think I’d use a rear mudguard with my ease that close to the spikes!

I spent more of the video wondering why the mudhugger, (and why that song) than being impressed by the riding. At least I know now!

Saw a clip of a skier doing that race the other day going one hell of a lot faster… and bigger.

AdamT

I can confirm that the Mausefalle is pretty bloody steep. Doesn’t look so bad in that video

masterdabber
    Free Member

I walked up that one summer – from the village to the top… it seemed plenty steep to me.

crab
    Free Member

and was obvious that it was multiple takes, you couldn’t ride that netting with spikes”

Yes, as the viewer of a free video on YT I felt betrayed at the lack of single edit riding on a simple and easy downhill ride. I felt robbed. And if you can’t do a ski run mesh netting wall ride at 40mph in that one take on the tyres you’ve chosen then you’re obviously not all that. 🙄

sirromj

Probably some desensitisation going on, at least for me.

Rich_s

A big fat meh from me.
    I’m sure it’s terrifying in real life, but high budget, slick editing, lots of camera angles and plenty of whoopin’ and hollerin’ don’t make it any more exciting to watch than Jez Avery racing a skier down a piste on You Bet in the early 90s.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.